The worlds most bizzare food?

benCTID

Has anyone eaten any of these fooods?
(which includes deep-fried crickets, Lamb testicles)

<a class="postlink" href="http://thewondrous.com/13-strangest-meals-of-the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thewondrous.com/13-strangest-meals-of-the-world/</a>

Makes kebabs look gourmet.

eaten the crickets before in Thailand, take the head off (or you'll get food poisoning bad) and the legs off (they get stuck in your throat) and they taste like pork crackling, quite nice really.

tried the scorpion and tarantulas too but they didn't do much for me.

That Balut dish is a delicacy in the Philippines, saw some locals eating it a couple of years ago, I cringed, they laughed.

Bilboblue said:
eaten the crickets before in Thailand, take the head off (or you'll get food poisoning bad) and the legs off (they get stuck in your throat) and they taste like pork crackling, quite nice really.

tried the scorpion and tarantulas too but they didn't do much for me.

That Balut dish is a delicacy in the Philippines, saw some locals eating it a couple of years ago, I cringed, they laughed.

You are a braver man than me.

I've had the crickets in Thailand too! Tbh once they've been fried they are just like crisps to me - bit like kettle chips or something like that anyway.
A thai friend of mine has said the tarantulas are much the same

I have eaten some strange things on my travels

curried chicken feet, roasted intestines and balut in Philippines - lovely with salt and red horse beer!

Crickets, beetles, baby frogs, rats and other bugs in Thailand

Scorpions, seahorse, seacucumber, jelly fish, sea urchin and dog in China

rawmince in Poland

Horse in Bulgaria

I met a japanese girl who has eaten bear!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.