The worlds top sports and your opinion of the biggest icon

Definitely, think I just miss the days of Jocky, Alex and how things were simpler then. Black and White portable telly next to me bed, glued to the darts, snooker. Higgins was the greatest player I've ever seen - on his day. But those days were so few and far between. People forget he won the worlds in '72 then again a decade later. An utter twat off the baize apparently but all was forgiven (by me anyway) when he was on his "A" game. Greatest frame ever (check out the blue he pots 3 mins in):

Quality that always having to pull something off after bad positional play he had that little jerk motion going as well. Relied on sheer potting ability. Jimmy white was always my favourite gutted he never won the world title. Bottled it a few times from memory. Never watched snooker again when he stopped. Never liked Ronnie for some reason

It' not an american sport and wayne gretsky is not american. But you are correct that american sport is shite. So is basketball.
Don’t disagree about basketball but on a point of order, it’s also not American. It was invented by a Canadian.

Don’t want to be pedantic but the Great One’s surname is Gretzky.

Don’t disagree about basketball but on a point of order, it’s also not American. It was invented by a Canadian.

That's why I said american sport is crap and so is basketball. ; )
Apologies on the Gretzky bit. I'm more of a Gary Roberts guy tbh. : )

It was the only sport invented in america that wasn't a just a mutation of another sport invented in a different country.

1. Football - Pele
2. Cricket - Don Bradman
3. Basketball - no idea
4. Field hockey - no idea
5. Tennis - Rod Laver
6. Volleyball - no idea
7. Table Tennis - no idea
8. Baseball - Babe Ruth/Willie Mays
9. American Football - Jim Brown
9. Rugby - Gareth Edwards
10. Golf - Jack Nicklaus

Very good.
I dont know if your aware but outside america most people think all american sport is shite

Ha -- I'm well aware -- why do you think I like footy so much???

That said, of all the professional sport leagues in North America, the one I wish I had more time for is hockey. Can't stand American football; college basketball is okay but the pro game is odious; baseball I enjoy attending as a nice day out and love my Giants but I can't claim I'm interested in watching games as a neutral.

Also @Barcon and @idahoblues . . . It's GretZky with a z(ed). May you be visited by Tie Domi in a dark alley for spelling The Great One's name wrong :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.