The worlds top sports and your opinion of the biggest icon

Field hockey? Is that before you flood the field and let it freeze over? Ffs. There's only one type of hockey and it's not played in a field (well, maybe a field with a frozen pond in it). And the answer is, Wayne Gretsky.

https://sportsshow.net/top-10-most-popular-sports-in-the-world/

Your opinion should be most iconic not necessarily the best, I have not searched for those more obscure sports and have just been honest and admitted i know fuck all about them, you can only be classed as iconic if non lovers of that sport have heard about of you.(imho)I reckon the younger you are the more difference there will be compared to us mature posters.

1. Football - Pele
2. Cricket - Don Bradman
3. Basketball - Michael Jordan
4. Field hockey - No one
5. Tennis - John McEnroe
6. Volleyball - no one
7. Table Tennis - Desmond Douglas
8. Baseball - Jo DiMaggio
9. American Football - William the refrigerator Perry
9. Rugby - JPR Williams
10. Golf - Jack no Tiger no Jack no Tiger fuck it Tiger Woods edges it.

I am sure many won’t agree with the list of sports but there was a big criteria and it’s interesting having table tennis,hockey and volleyball in there.
Football. Pele.
Cricket ian botham.
Basketball Jordan only netball player I've heard of.
Field hockey dont know what that is.
Tennis Sampras.
Volleyball dont know any.
Table tennis no.
Baseball never heard of any players.
American football load of shit.
Rugby joana lumuo or how you spell it.
Golf tiger woods.
Biggest icon easy.
Ali the greatest ever icon

Bristow was more consistent. Jockey was just the bollocks when on top form and I loved watching him - he was such an emotional guy. Loved him; loved The Hurricane.

Yeah some rogues become icons others just twats. I always wanted John Lowe to beat Bristow but Bristow was an icon without doubt

Yeah some rogues become icons others just twats. I always wanted John Lowe to beat Bristow but Bristow was an icon without doubt
Definitely, think I just miss the days of Jocky, Alex and how things were simpler then. Black and White portable telly next to me bed, glued to the darts, snooker. Higgins was the greatest player I've ever seen - on his day. But those days were so few and far between. People forget he won the worlds in '72 then again a decade later. An utter twat off the baize apparently but all was forgiven (by me anyway) when he was on his "A" game. Greatest frame ever (check out the blue he pots 3 mins in):

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.