The worst actor on TV/film

Richard Burton, Peter O'Toole and Brian Blessed.

Burton, fab in Beckett, Raid on Rommel, Cleopatra, Night of the Iguana and 1984. I remember more for Medusa Touch and Where Eagles Dare - a great film, but his performance was terrible!

O'Toole again great in Beckett, Lawrence of Arabia, the Lion in winter, then Supergirl, the night of the generals (insanely good cast, mediocre film), Caligula (!), king Ralph...............

Brian Blessed was amazing in I Claudius, my family and other animals, the Black Adder, and Return to Treasure Island then Flash Gordon, dick and dom, Peppa pig!

As I say, great actors who like most people in their profession have appeared in some absolute turds.

Thanks for quoting great actors in the worst actor thread:-)

Burton, fab in Beckett, Raid on Rommel, Cleopatra, Night of the Iguana and 1984. I remember more for Medusa Touch and Where Eagles Dare - a great film, but his performance was terrible!

O'Toole again great in Beckett, Lawrence of Arabia, the Lion in winter, then Supergirl, the night of the generals (insanely good cast, mediocre film), Caligula (!), king Ralph...............

Brian Blessed was amazing in I Claudius, my family and other animals, the Black Adder, and Return to Treasure Island then Flash Gordon, dick and dom, Peppa pig!

As I say, great actors who like most people in their profession have appeared in some absolute turds.
giphy (1).gif

Cassandra from Only fools and horses is without doubt the worst actress I have ever watched. She was fuckin horrendous. Which is baffling when you consider the brilliant comedy acting in that programme. There was an actor in Corrie years ago.. Martin fucking Platt. How he got that gig I will never know. Absolute cretinous character, knobhead of a human being and a Rag to boot.

I often watch TPTV showing films from the 40's, 50's etc. I can generally hear the spoken words clearly. With modern film and have to use subtitles, it may partly due to my advanced years but I find the actors either mumbling their lines or talking in forced whispers.
Yep, and the music playing over the spoken word, they do it on Radio as well, an interview with music in the background, it’s absurd.

I know it’s not a cerebral film and I don’t generally like action films but as a late teenager I went to the flicks to watch “The Wild Geese” really enjoyed Burton and his fellow actors, including Ashton’s Ronnie Fraser who was on my Dad’s roll up school photo from around -1947/8.

As an aside Melvyn Bragg’s biography of Richard Burton (Richard Burton, A Life) is a great read, starts off a little slow but then goes into Burton’s diary which is so revealing and entertaining, he was one rum fucker that lad, cracking book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.