The young man still missing in the Oldham Reservoir is from our home town Winsford

Was he a competent boarder?

Is it normal to go out 2 up on a paddle board especially on what is likely to be difficult cold current water?

Seems from posts above this is now sadly a RIP thread.

We`ve just heard some sad news about the young man Simon Daniels who is still missing, is from our home town of Winsford. They are slightly related to my wifes side of the family.
We know his Dad and Mum very well and Chris (his Dad) is a massive City fan.
Chris has put a message on Facebook saying "we want our son back out of the water so we can give him a hug". Fuck me that brought a lump to my throat I can tell you and as I`ve said to Chris and Jayne I`ve no idea as to how they are coping.
Apparently the police divers cant find Simon at the moment as its more than 30 metres deep in parts,
So fucking horribly sad.
Very sad Oakie, the conditions on the day were horrendous, I only live about 5 miles away from where the incident happened, it was so windy on the day (heavy rain earlier) it would obviously have been dangerous. Condolences to the family, very sad indeed.

Very sad Oakie, the conditions on the day were horrendous, I only live about 5 miles away from where the incident happened, it was so windy on the day (heavy rain earlier) it would obviously have been dangerous. Condolences to the family, very sad indeed.
Thanks hammo. Not heard anything again from the family but it appears that they have recovered the body.
I`ve no idea as to how proficient he was at boarding, but if you look at the build of him he seems strong enough, but who knows what the death was caused by.
As you say, it was a horrible day and that could have been the main factor.
His partner who was saved probably has the answers, but again was it a tragic accident or were there underlying medical problems ?
Either way its so sad that a young man lost his life.

Thanks hammo. Not heard anything again from the family but it appears that they have recovered the body.
I`ve no idea as to how proficient he was at boarding, but if you look at the build of him he seems strong enough, but who knows what the death was caused by.
As you say, it was a horrible day and that could have been the main factor.
His partner who was saved probably has the answers, but again was it a tragic accident or were there underlying medical problems ?
Either way its so sad that a young man lost his life.
RIP to the young fella, very sad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.