The youth players that played today

all of them played well against a first team chelsea side. I dont think you can really judge them them on this. next season should be good with pep in charge to develop them

It was always going to be difficult against a fired up Chelsea side. They wanted to win and played very well. The kids held out for 45 minutes.
In context, that was a baptism of fire. They would probably have coped better against a lesser side than Chelsea.

There is a good chance we would have lost today had all the senior players played.

It will do them good but next season 1/3 should be played in every capital one cup game and early FA cup games. Throwing 5/6 in at once against a strong side was always going to end this way. They did well first half though.

In hindsight maybe a slight change to 5
in midfield would have helped. Then again Demi, Willy and Kokorov defending well would have helped...

I thought all the youngsters did well, with the possible exception of Celina, who never seemed to get into the game, though in mitigation, very little of the play was down his side of the pitch.

Obviously, it was difficult for them, being thrown in at the deep end together, but if they were introduced individually, alongside our best players, I'm sure they would take it in their stride.

For example, Adarabioyo at the centre of the defence with VK or Nic or Aleix Garcia in a midfield two with Dinho would have a chance.

I am a massive advocate of bringing the kids through but its a bit early to talk about any of them (except Kelechi as first team regulars who played today. Denayer and Kelechi will be the ones knocking at the door next season and hopefully with a bit more game time for the rest. Some of them looked very comfortable on the ball (Manu) but Zabba for instance looked very exposed and a few of them never really imposed themselves when having to win the ball or winning the second ball.

Still technically the Garcias looked excellent. Hopefully they will get more exposure in the team over the next few years when the team is winning and playing well or get some loan time at open age football with a side who endeavour to play a similar style to our own.

I'm certainly confused at people saying Barker looked bad; he was extremely positive and done more than Celina.

Totally agree. I think it's cos he's not spanish btw (!) the fickle fan moans so easily. Been watching the EDS a few years now and Brandon was regularly the star man, give him time and i think he'd come good for the first team.

Not sure how people can say Barker was bad. I thought he did we'll, considering the youngsters we're getting a bit tired and Kolarov refusing to pass to him. He's not perfect, but that much is obvious considering his age.

Adarabioyo and Humphries as a CB partnership in a couple of years time has merit (with Denayer too). Not much came Celina's way today. Decent from the others.

I think they all did themselves proud to be honest, all showing a great attitude and plenty of composure. The Garcia's both look like they could slot in and do a job off the bench without any real problems, maybe even filling in from the start just as long as they aren't with Yaya. I thought Alex in particular put in a real shift with Fernando and they did a pretty good job against an awful lot of possession coming at them. Tosin showed some real defensive solidity, but still looks like he's got a fair way to go before he can think about first team football, definitely needs to work on his composure with the ball. Faupala put in a real shift, but lacks the physicality to play the role of nuisance striker just yet, but has put himself in the window for a loan to a lower league team with his work ethic. Celina struggled to get on the ball but we've seen before that he won't let you down with the ball.

All at different stages imo but the Garcia's in particular look like they could do a job when required if they were in the right system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.