Then and now..... Joe Hart!

daflanger

Once our reliable Shot Stopper.... Golden Glove winner.... helped us win the 2012 Premier League! I never thought we will ever need another keeper until Pep joined us and benched him. Then Ederson joined and Joe Hart moved. Once England's number one and now no where near the English Team! Recently left Spurs for Celtic and yesterday made a huge error that lead to a goal. Seems he has been unable to remove the errors from his game.

I am a goalkeeper myself and I watch lots of videos of goalkeepers. I feel bad for Joe cause he was my favorite keeper at one time. I remember him against Dortmund and then the infamous game against Barcelona! What happened to him? Did the game evolve faster than he did?

Nothing evolved, footballer loses form is no shock it happens all the time some get through it come back as good or better unfortunately doesn't appear to be the case with Joe,I'm just glad we had the best of him.

always seemed too hyped up before a game. was brilliant in his early years and after he came back from birmingham. I saw his drop the ball into his own net at home to norwich in his last full season .

He's a pale shadow of the keeper he was between 2011-16. Time marches on, unfortunately. That being said, everyone is aware the defence is likely to be Celtic's weak link this season. Having that car crash of a back line playing in front of you is not going to inspire confidence . Thhe Celtic CB (Welsh, I think) who let the clearance sail by him rather than head the ball away did Joe no favours. But Joe was dreadfully slow to see the potential danger and react. The likes of Eddy and Allison would have been on their 18 yard line to begin with, and would have comfortably got to that ball before the striker.

That mistake's lousy by Hart, but the initial absolutely crap touch by the Celtic defender is up there with it. It just makes you realise how extremely skilled our defenders are, especially Ruben. Never mind his tackling and positioning, Ruben made some superb passes against Norwich — really, worthy of a midfielder. Especially the one that led to a goal, but it wasn't the only one. Some people saying we've got no chance of the league now, but we've still got the best keeper and defence in the league, and will be hard to beat. Our main problem, perhaps, will be drawing matches that our rivals will be winning.
Anyway, sad about Joe. Since I've been following football, I don't think I've seen what initially looked like a top class keeper decline so radically. I'll always respect him for what he did in 2011-12 and 2013-14, and those two staggering matches against Dortmund and Barca. But he's not climbing back up that cliff he's fallen off ever again.

I read a report of an interview between Joe Hart and Micah Richards where Joe says that Espirito Santo man said Joe would never kick a ball for him! What a way to boost someone’s confidence…NOT!
Give a guy a chance before you kick him in the teeth, you stupid little man.

Good luck Joe. Hope your next game for Celtic is better.

I read a report of an interview between Joe Hart and Micah Richards where Joe says that Espirito Santo man said Joe would never kick a ball for him! What a way to boost someone’s confidence…NOT!
Give a guy a chance before you kick him in the teeth, you stupid little man.
Although it's possibly quite telling that one of the few managers who was actually a goalkeeper doesn't fancy him.

Although it's possibly quite telling that one of the few managers who was actually a goalkeeper doesn't fancy him.
Without even giving him a chance? If I had treated the classes I taught in that way they would have left school feeling worthless. And I would not have been doing my job properly.
Ah well, can't wait to see Espirito Santo in the opposition dug out/technical area sometime, he will get the full EB treatment don't anyone fret!! :-( :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.