Theo Hernandez

Was hearing City could claim back his book value on what duration was left on his contract at the time?

Bought for £52m and spread over six years, so with just 20 months left, we're looking at offsetting roughly £13m.

That's more than we could ever have got paying his wages, watching him still walk away for free at the end of seeing out his contract.

God, it's even more depressing when that fact is remembered!

Am sorry for raising this issue here, but think Mendy thread is closed..is it worth a new post to discuss this scenario on the main forum ?? Seems a few agree maybe a sensible discussion..thank you Tolmie, I agree with what you say in terms of the writing down scenario, makes sense.
But ;-) ,,,, If it were Grealish who irreversibly has his leg broken next match, just wonder if the same holds . I imagine, maybe wrongly, that City will have a policy in place to protect potentially appreciating assets.
Probably never know the answer to this in all fairness as these are the inner sanctum decisions.

I think we are going to move for him..The way we play with high line it is necessary we have a defender who has incredible pace like this guy. As Walker is slowly aging, I think Theo will replace his role of being a 'pacy defender' in Pep's team making counter attacks really difficult.

I think we are going to move for him..The way we play with high line it is necessary we have a defender who has incredible pace like this guy. As Walker is slowly aging, I think Theo will replace his role of being a 'pacy defender' in Pep's team making counter attacks really difficult.

We also need a left-back option who can go outside Grealish on the left and get to the byline

Am sorry for raising this issue here, but think Mendy thread is closed..is it worth a new post to discuss this scenario on the main forum ?? Seems a few agree maybe a sensible discussion..thank you Tolmie, I agree with what you say in terms of the writing down scenario, makes sense.
But ;-) ,,,, If it were Grealish who irreversibly has his leg broken next match, just wonder if the same holds . I imagine, maybe wrongly, that City will have a policy in place to protect potentially appreciating assets.
Probably never know the answer to this in all fairness as these are the inner sanctum decisions.
All players and their salaries are insured for such a tragic event....

The reason the Mendy threads get closed down is because you may want to discuss a specific aspect of it, but unfortunately it would last maybe 3 posts before someone changed the topic and it's suddenly shut down again. You would probably have an unhappy PM with a mod shortly after as well.

Besides, surely your question has already been answered as far as anyone on here could?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.