There are a lot of unhappy people on here today!

I'm really happy today, and very excited. I've never been a slavering Tevez fan. I appreciate his goals, and like the fact that he crossed the Manchester border to join the real Manchester team but I just haven't warmed to him. There's something vaguely annoying about him and he seems to have set up a clique with Silva as if he's the only player he'll link up with properly. Be nice to have someone who links up better with Dzeko, Johnson, Balo, etc.

He may still be here come September in which case I'll cheer for him as I always have done, but part of me wants another big name up there instead of him though. (Villa, Aguero, Eto'o, Sanchez although he's not a No9 type, any others?)

If he goes I can finally take down the tevez poster in my nephews room. His monster-esque image gives my 6 year old niece nightmares!

Blanca lookalike

He could of gone about it differently. He's thrown everything City have done for him back in their face. On the pitch he was brilliant and gave it everything,but to do this now of all times is just disrespectful.

If he wants to leave then fine but he needs to stop spouting all this crap about his family and bad mouthing Manchester

bluemoondays said:
Pigeonho said:
I think it's poor, the attitude towards Tevez if i'm honest. Like I said earlier in the Tevez thread, some fans on here were having a go at Arsenal fans yesterday for their comments towards Clichy, yet just 12 hours after that the same comments were being made towards Tevez from some of our fans. We all know Tevez is going to end up at a club which is just as far away from Argentina, relatively speaking, making his story a nonsense. That said though, he is a mercenary like they all are and its fair to say that for most of us he has been the best player we have ever seen pull on the shirt. Now though he wants to go and people need to man up, stop taking it all to heart and acting like he's damaging the club. His efforts, almost single handedly at times, have put us in the position we are about to head into this coming season, yet all of that, for some, seems to have been forgotten about. Mark my words, we will have other players who do this, just like other clubs do but all you can do, especially when its players like Carlos who have given their all on the pitch, (where it matters), is move on, appreciate what he's done, and look forward to a replacement and with our money its fair to say its not going to be Kevin Doyle!! (Sorry Gooneyrovski).
Tevez is looking after number one, like they all do and like we all do. Just don't forget what he's done for us where it matters, on the pitch.

I used to think you were a rag but have come to the conclusion you're just a WUM. You seem to ALWAYS pick a contrary opinion to the majority of the posters on here.

The comparison between the arsenal fans response to Clichy and ours to Tevez is condescending and puerile at the least. Clichy has not come out with negative comments about his management, his city or the british culture and has behaved with professionalism around his transfer. Tevez has been a **** and, incidentally, has been a **** for over a year apart from his performances on the pitch.

His timing with this announcement, a few days before pre-season starts, could hardly have been worse as all clubs will know they can a) offer buttons for him as he's stated he wants out and b) drive up the price of any potential replacement as they will assume we are desperate to replace him. That is not the actions of a professional - a professional would keep this all behind closed doors, it's obvious he is being a twat and trying to drive his price down to the detriment of City.

Not condemning Tevez for his antics which have pissed off virtually all the fans and pissed around the club is crazy. Regardless of his performance on the pitch a player knows there is a certain amount of responsibility and respect due in being a captain and a player for a team. How many players go on record saying the city they are working in for their club is shit - virtually none because most players have a degree of professionalism that extends beyond the grass rectangle they play on.

Great player, but a money-grabbing mercenary twat who thinks the world should revolve around him and screw anyone else.
A wum? No, i'm 33 mate and have better things to do than wind up City fans. What I say is my opinion, nothing more. Course it could be the case that 'the majority' say what they say so they don't get slated, or more likely, just to fit in.
Bottom line, Tevez has given the club 2 years amazing service where it matters, and whilst he has been a **** at times with his requests, he has scored shit loads of goals and played out of his skin for those 2 years but now it is being forgotten all to quickly. He is a mercenary, and is now looking after himself. They all do at the end of the day.

Nobody has forgotten what he's done on the pitch. He's still a ****.

I fucking wish people would stop with the ikkle city outlook on carlos.
YES i will agree, his goals and workrate contributed to our joint 2nd status in the prem this year. But........isn't that what he is paid to do? I didn't see him relea sing any statements thanking the club for the WAGES so why should we feel in debted to him for doing what he is ridiculously well paid for?

Pigeonho said:
I think it's poor, the attitude towards Tevez if i'm honest. Like I said earlier in the Tevez thread, some fans on here were having a go at Arsenal fans yesterday for their comments towards Clichy, yet just 12 hours after that the same comments were being made towards Tevez from some of our fans. We all know Tevez is going to end up at a club which is just as far away from Argentina, relatively speaking, making his story a nonsense. That said though, he is a mercenary like they all are and its fair to say that for most of us he has been the best player we have ever seen pull on the shirt. Now though he wants to go and people need to man up, stop taking it all to heart and acting like he's damaging the club. His efforts, almost single handedly at times, have put us in the position we are about to head into this coming season, yet all of that, for some, seems to have been forgotten about. Mark my words, we will have other players who do this, just like other clubs do but all you can do, especially when its players like Carlos who have given their all on the pitch, (where it matters), is move on, appreciate what he's done, and look forward to a replacement and with our money its fair to say its not going to be Kevin Doyle!! (Sorry Gooneyrovski).
Tevez is looking after number one, like they all do and like we all do. Just don't forget what he's done for us where it matters, on the pitch.

I think alot of people think of you as the devils advocate a lot of the time (including me) but you're spot on there mate.

Pigeonho said:
bluemoondays said:
Pigeonho said:

I used to think you were a rag but have come to the conclusion you're just a WUM. You seem to ALWAYS pick a contrary opinion to the majority of the posters on here.

The comparison between the arsenal fans response to Clichy and ours to Tevez is condescending and puerile at the least. Clichy has not come out with negative comments about his management, his city or the british culture and has behaved with professionalism around his transfer. Tevez has been a **** and, incidentally, has been a **** for over a year apart from his performances on the pitch.

His timing with this announcement, a few days before pre-season starts, could hardly have been worse as all clubs will know they can a) offer buttons for him as he's stated he wants out and b) drive up the price of any potential replacement as they will assume we are desperate to replace him. That is not the actions of a professional - a professional would keep this all behind closed doors, it's obvious he is being a twat and trying to drive his price down to the detriment of City.

Not condemning Tevez for his antics which have pissed off virtually all the fans and pissed around the club is crazy. Regardless of his performance on the pitch a player knows there is a certain amount of responsibility and respect due in being a captain and a player for a team. How many players go on record saying the city they are working in for their club is shit - virtually none because most players have a degree of professionalism that extends beyond the grass rectangle they play on.

Great player, but a money-grabbing mercenary twat who thinks the world should revolve around him and screw anyone else.
A wum? No, i'm 33 mate and have better things to do than wind up City fans. What I say is my opinion, nothing more. Course it could be the case that 'the majority' say what they say so they don't get slated, or more likely, just to fit in.
Bottom line, Tevez has given the club 2 years amazing service where it matters, and whilst he has been a **** at times with his requests, he has scored shit loads of goals and played out of his skin for those 2 years but now it is being forgotten all to quickly. He is a mercenary, and is now looking after himself. They all do at the end of the day.

During the times when he was giving amazing service to the club on the pitch you'll find that the vast majority were singing his praises, right now though he's just came out with a statement telling everyone he wishes to leave, nearly 6 weeks after the season has ended and with pre season just starting. The timing of it is ridiculous, this won't have been a decision he's just though he's probably known about this for a long time so i can completely understand some fans being angry about the latest news

It's basically the same way it works in your normal job, you'll do things right at times and get praise for it but when you act like a dickhead people will talk about it and more than likely slag you off

He's a great player, one of the best strikers in world football but he doesn't want to be here for whatever reasons and has proceeded to tell us that on numerous occasions over the past 8 months. I appreciate the hard work and the goals he's scored for us but i'm sick of hearing about how much he needs to leave and i'm sure plenty feel the same way

Quick question, has anyone got a link to a direct quote from Tevez with a date stamp in the last week or so where he's said these things? I know that yesterday SSN had the story but not one single quote from the player himself.

Pigeonho said:
PistonBlue said:
Pigeonho said:

Disagree there mate. He's the captain and should have some respect for the club and the fans. It's not just about what happens on the pitch is it? How can it be when every couple of months he releases statements saying how much he hates it here blah blah blah? Doing all this via media statements is the wrong way to go about it.
As you say, we all know he'll end up playing his football somewhere other Argentina, so should we fall the bullshit about his daughters? We are being taken for idiots by our club captain and you think we should be cool with it because he's a good player.
On the pitch is what matters though pal, for me it is anyway. I couldn't care less what they all do off it, whether it be Mario increasing his 'legend' status for doing something stupid, or Tevez saying he wants to go for family reason, (whether its bollocks or not). When a player plays for the club and gives his all, you can't ask for more than that, and Tevez has done that 2 fold, its fair to say. If he had been a lazy **** and done fuck all for the last 2 years, got his pay increase and then did this, (something which I would expect from Balotelli if i'm honest), well then yeah, fuck him. He has given 2 years solid and consistent service though and put us where we will be come the start of the season. The timing isn't great, he has had a month to do this, but we now habe a full month to sort something else out. Also, and i've not seen this posted yet, what if THE CLUB have told him to release the statement now, because they have now found a replacement and have a deal lined up ready to be announced? Its more than likely he told us as soon as the Bolton game ended, and we told him to keep schtum until we had a replacement, meaning everyone is left in a good position at the end of the day...

No, it's not just about what happens on the pitch. When a player is constantly telling the press he wants to leave, trying to engineer a move away, it's about that as well. Even more so when it's the club captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.