There Are Two Types Of Dogs…

He's not pushed me to that stage yet.

There's a brook near me he likes to run in...great fun for him until he hits a deep bit...the shock on his face! Makes me howl.
I used to have a black lab that would run through the creek behind our house, breaking the ice with his chest in the winter.
Dogs are daft.

Like my last guy. Boey.

Where is it?
View attachment 47241
It’s ok, have it.
View attachment 47243
View attachment 47244
Interesting story......When we lived in Sale we would take them to the water park. One would go in after sticks...I thought it would be a good idea if my other half went on the other side and called him. He swam straight across no problem and I was really chuffed, it become a party piece so to speak. Fast forward a year or so and we moved to Spain next to the river Ebro, which is about as wide as Sale water park....without thinking one day I threw a stick in and the daft twat thought he was back at the water park, off he swam straight into the main current, next stop Ibiza. I shat myself and was calling, shouting, begging and praying for him to turn round. Fortunately he did but he was absolutely knackered and was I so so relieved it was untrue. Fucking Labradors, who'd 'ave 'em.

Interesting story......When we lived in Sale we would take them to the water park. One would go in after sticks...I thought it would be a good idea if my other half went on the other side and called him. He swam straight across no problem and I was really chuffed, it become a party piece so to speak. Fast forward a year or so and we moved to Spain next to the river Ebro, which is about as wide as Sale water park....without thinking one day I threw a stick in and the daft twat thought he was back at the water park, off he swam straight into the main current, next stop Ibiza. I shat myself and was calling, shouting, begging and praying for him to turn round. Fortunately he did but he was absolutely knackered and was I so so relieved it was untrue. Fucking Labradors, who'd 'ave 'em.
Fabulous dogs though.

Both of ours are gun dog breeds so like water, but depends on context.

Both go in streams but the retriever never liked swimming in ponds or lakes but loves to use his paw to "fish" in paddling pools.

The Cocker swims in ponds and lakes but not arsed beyond a dip in the paddling pool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.