they flattered to deceive.

George Weah. I was probably expecting too much when he played for City.

I thought Figo was a great player, used to love watching him. I never understood the hype around Totti, but maybe because I never really properly watched him play

jimharri said:
Ibrahimovic. Yeah; I know I'll get dog's abuse but sorry; I just don't see it with him.
Totally agree but someone will come back and go on about the amount of medals he has got.

Niall2407 said:
jimharri said:
Ibrahimovic. Yeah; I know I'll get dog's abuse but sorry; I just don't see it with him.
Totally agree but someone will come back and go on about the amount of medals he has got.
To answer that argument (and yes; I know you agreed with me. I'm not having a go at you Niall!); how many medals have John O'Shea, or Nicky Butt, or Phil Chuckle got? Does that make them world class players, or just lucky to have played in a very good side with (hate to say it) a very good manager.

Certain players are top players, but when it comes to international football, managers have to pick players that make a top functioning team.

I believe there's a big difference between that. England have fallen down with this problem before. Trying to please Gerrard and Lampard when they can't play together. A different manager would have tried to please but Ferdinand and Terry.
I don't like either of the defenders, but the English manager went about picking the best team he could, and despite all the injuries, I think this English squad has a better chance of impressing this year than it has in the past.
It's not all about Rooney and his immaturity, or humilitating England. Or Lampard and Gerrard falling over eachother.
It's just about picking what players are best for England's chances.

Look at Ireland who have virtually no stars (with exception really to Given and maybe Keane) play incredibly well as a team.
The weaker countries are able to function as a unit incredibly well at times, they know they are poor standing alone, but will work their socks off to play for eachother.
While the star studded teams like Portugal, England, France, Holland etc always seem to have squables and disharmony in their squads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.