They've only been in 5 mins and so far...

Cheesy said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
I'm not a follower of any party, they're all conmen, but it's a little early to crow either way isn't it? It's all well and good saying what they'll do, but you don't want to make a bad impression on your first day.

It would be wise of everyone to wait a while and see what actually gets implemented before they go preening and chest thumping.

I agree with you! I just get pissed off with those types I mentioned above, especially the ones who use lies & half truths in their arguments.

Which is the entire reason that I usually steer well clear of these type's of debates. People entrench themselves in lies and untruths and dig themselves deeper, so I just don't get involved.

I'm more interested in the end result, not what is stated.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Cheesy said:
I agree with you! I just get pissed off with those types I mentioned above, especially the ones who use lies & half truths in their arguments.

Which is the entire reason that I usually steer well clear of these type's of debates. People entrench themselves in lies and untruths and dig themselves deeper, so I just don't get involved.

To be fair I've probably done it myself at some point ;-)

Cheesy said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
I'm not a follower of any party, they're all conmen, but it's a little early to crow either way isn't it? It's all well and good saying what they'll do, but you don't want to make a bad impression on your first day.

It would be wise of everyone to wait a while and see what actually gets implemented before they go preening and chest thumping.

All the good stuff is merely Lib Dem policy which the Tories conceded to get their sorry arses elected.

tommyducks said:
Cheesy said:
All the good stuff is merely Lib Dem policy which the Tories conceded to get their sorry arses elected.

But it's not is it??? What was I saying about lies & half truths?

Cheesy said:
tommyducks said:

Tories merely proved that they will get into bed with anyone just to gain power. Labour MPs refused to compromise all they stood for. Why am I not surprised?

tommyducks said:
Cheesy said:
Tories merely proved that they will get into bed with anyone just to gain power. Labour MPs refused to compromise all they stood for. Why am I not surprised?

I can't really argue with your first point tbh with you but now that it's happened I really do think we've got a real chance of genuine change. I do think it's very naive to think that Labour didn't want a coalition because they weren't willing to compromise their ideals. I think Labour knew a 'rainbow' coalition just couldn't work.

Cheesy said:
tommyducks said:

I can't really argue with your first point tbh with you but now that it's happened I really do think we've got a real chance of genuine change. I do think it's very naive to think that Labour didn't want a coalition because they weren't willing to compromise their ideals. I think Labour knew a 'rainbow' coalition just couldn't work.

Even if it did occur, Lib-Dem/Labour still wouldn't have had the majority seats, they'd have merely caught up with the Conservatives, they'd have had to rope other parties into it, it just wouldn't have been pretty.

Cheesy said:
tommyducks said:

Mate, I honestly hope it works. We need stability.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Cheesy said:

Even if it did occur, Lib-Dem/Labour still wouldn't have had the majority seats, they'd have merely caught up with the Conservatives, they'd have had to rope other parties into it, it just wouldn't have been pretty.

Tories 305 seats
Labour 258 seats
Lib Dems 57 seats

when I went to school 258 + 57 was more than 305.

denislawsbackheel said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Tories 305 seats
Labour 258 seats
Lib Dems 57 seats

when I went to school 258 + 57 was more than 305.

Congratulations, you missed the point of my post. Go you!

Take a look. I'll let you look at it for a while.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.