Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperSilva said:
are Isco and Thiago similar players... Have seen plenty of Isco but not much of Thiago anyone know?

... as it may look like we are about to lose out on Isco to Real Madrid.
We are not really in the driving seat to say Thiago either, if reports are to be believed..

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 1m
Thiago has offers from Chelsea, Man United, Bayern and Man City. Because he didn't play 60% of the games, his buyout clause is 18M. [md]

ridiculously foolish for Barca not to give him some sub appearances to meet this if true, especially since Xavi played some games hurt and they had La Liga wrapped up in January.<br /><br />-- Wed May 22, 2013 6:49 pm --<br /><br />
barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 1m
Thiago has offers from Chelsea, Man United, Bayern and Man City. Because he didn't play 60% of the games, his buyout clause is 18M. [md]

ridiculously foolish for Barca not to give him some sub appearances to meet this if true, especially since Xavi played some games hurt and they had La Liga wrapped up in January.

I am pretty sure he will not leave Barcelona. The buyout can be met but if the player does not want to leave then no-one can really have him. He might not get enough game time at the moment but I think each season he will get more and more. He is a cracking prospect albeit a little raw just now.

celticfc482 said:
I am pretty sure he will not leave Barcelona. The buyout can be met but if the player does not want to leave then no-one can really have him. He might not get enough game time at the moment but I think each season he will get more and more. He is a cracking prospect albeit a little raw just now.

Yet Barca still bought Song (who has been a disappointment), Cesc, Sanchez, now probably Neymar - if they rate Thiago they aren't really showing it.

MSP said:
Maybe they want to sell him ;)

He got a talent surely but I'm not really sure he is the world beater as people make him to be as he is Barca youngster. I personally like Tello more than him.

This is strange 'cos Tello is shit.

Hungarian blue said:
MSP said:
Maybe they want to sell him ;)

He got a talent surely but I'm not really sure he is the world beater as people make him to be as he is Barca youngster. I personally like Tello more than him.

This is strange 'cos Tello is shit.

Played almost twice less but scored a goal more than Pedro. twice less, 3 goals less than Fabregas. About the same play time, goal less than Villa.

8 goals and 5 assists in 1100 La Liga minutes.

But then, there are people who still think Robben is shit and one-trick player. Well, that one trick is quite enough for both him and Tello because when they launch it, there's no one to stop them.

Andouble said:
celticfc482 said:

Yet Barca still bought Song (who has been a disappointment), Cesc, Sanchez, now probably Neymar - if they rate Thiago they aren't really showing it.

Agreed. And the talk is they're selling Thiago to buy Gundogan

I'm sure he's been told year in and year out he'll get a good shot at a starting position, but he is now 22 years old, and might have had enough. He need to play regualr competitive football in order to develop and get a chance to play for the Spanish national side.
Coming here to work under Pellegrini might not seem like a bad idea to the lad. If it's down to choosing between Manuel and Moyers... well not much of a choice is it?

For those wondering what type of player he is, heres a clip from 2 years ago when Barca beat Bayern in the Audi Cup (Pre season). He absolutely bossed the midfield! Bagged both goals aswel. He reminds me of a Wilshere/Gundogan type player. Excellent range of passing and isn't shy of going past a player with the odd trick or two. The only thing that worries me with him coming to City is that is he NEEDS games, i reckon he's done enough benchwarming at Barca for the past 5 years so wherever he goes he would fully expect an important role in the 1st team.

I would love this!

-------------Cavani---------------

Aguero--------------------Silva/Isco

-------Yaya--------Isco/Thiago/Silva

----------Fernandinhho-------------

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwE3KPTSK1Q[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.