Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Very good player. But Nasri, Alcantara and Silva sounds like overkill to me.
Chelsea - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Moses Benayoun schurrle possibly joining, KDB on loan

Bayern - Muller, Ribery, Shaqiri, Robben, Kroos Gotze next season

Madrid - Ozil, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Kaka, Callejón

Compared to us with only two AM and no wingers, signing Thiago wouldn't be overkill imo. Plus isn't he more of CM than AM?

Yeah, if he joined, I think he'd play as a CM.

Thiago, Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Isco, Silva and possibly Nasri or Navas fighting for 4 spots in midfield.

No, I don't think either Barry or García will be here next year.

We are sill lightweight in terms of quality in Midfield and Alcantara would be a more than welcome addition to our side. Hopefully on this one we are in pole position to sign him.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Marvin said:
Chelsea - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Marin, Moses Benayoun schurrle possibly joining, KDB on loan

Compared to us with only two AM and no wingers, signing Thiago wouldn't be overkill imo. Plus isn't he more of CM than AM?

All of those teams play with 3 attacking midfielders and so have two sides worth for rotation.

If MP implements his favoured 4-2-2-2 then by that logic we should have 4.

Silva, Nasri, Isco and Alcantara. Then again, where does that leave Milner? If we sign Fernandinho then he won't be anywhere near CM with Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Barry, Garcia all still at the club for the time being.

Not sure Jimmy would be too happy as 5th choice AM and 6th choice CM.

Joehannes said:
Yeah, if he joined, I think he'd play as a CM.

Thiago, Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Isco, Silva and possibly Nasri or Navas fighting for 4 spots in midfield.

world class squad that compared to the one we just finished the season with, and I rate Barry big time (at least domestically)

Jordan CTID said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Marvin said:

All of those teams play with 3 attacking midfielders and so have two sides worth for rotation.

Silva, Nasri, Isco and Alcantara. Then again, where does that leave Milner? If we sign Fernandinho then he won't be anywhere near CM with Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Barry, Garcia all still at the club for the time being.

Time Yaya, Silva etc were picked on form rather than just automatic selections.

Neville Kneville said:
Jordan CTID said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Time Yaya, Silva etc were picked on form rather than just automatic selections.

I hope so. MP dropped Riquelme at Villareal, no reason not to do the same with Yaya if he continues to look so lazy and disinterested.

richards30 said:
Matt the Giant said:
richards30 said:
Will take tolm's word over hunters thank you!!!

Isn't that quote from Tolm like a year old or something?

Last Friday Matt. Also tolm was talking about this in pm's last year.

Cheers.
I just have a distinct feeling that post from last week, included a quote from last summer's t-window, when Tolmie talked about "bombs". I really hope I'm wrong though, and that we are pursuing Thiago this summer again.

are Isco and Thiago similar players... Have seen plenty of Isco but not much of Thiago anyone know?

... as it may look like we are about to lose out on Isco to Real Madrid.

Jordan CTID said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Marvin said:

Yeah, but we're going to go 433 apparently. If that's the case, I can see it being:

..........Fernandinho
........Yaya.......Rodwell
Silva......Cavani......Aguero

It doesn't leave loads of room for an Isco, or a Thiago, when we're rotating Barry, Garcia, Nasri, Milner, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.