Thiago Alcantara

andrewmswift said:
LoveCity said:
Fernandinho will be one of the best midfielders in the Prem next season based on what I have seen on him (Champions League only). He's better than Thiago right now, at least more ready made for the Premier League. I love how some of our fans are following the rag trend of writing him off because of how many caps he has even though he said himself he had to leave Ukraine because Brazilian selectors are biased against such leagues.

Agreed, it's embarassing and pathetically provincial.
Typical City fans sometimes, never happy even when we've got it good. 10 years ago we weren't even able to look at Fernandinho as a target. Fernandinho is pure class and the people that are slating him are going off very little knowledge of actually knowing what he is all about. I actually think he is the signing that will wrestle us that title back from United. Very complete footballer who will allow our 2 best players to dominate games like they did 2 seasons ago (Silva and Yaya).

The unknown signings have actually become our best, Kompany, Zabaleta, Hart and Nastasic. It's always good to have a friend that is half English-Half Ukranian and supports Dinamo Kiev ;)

SilvaLining said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
NQCitizen said:
Try convincing a guy who wants to play every game he's getting in the team ahead of a 30m signing and Yaya Toure though. Whereas Phil Jones, Anderson and Tom Cleverly probably don't hold the same threat.
a 30m signing ? that 30m player is nowhere near worth 30m and isnt anywhere near the standard of a 30m player, also thiago is better than barry, garcia, rodwell, so he would only have to fight for a place with fernandinho and toure

-- Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:53 pm --

NQCitizen said:
Try convincing a guy who wants to play every game he's getting in the team ahead of a 30m signing and Yaya Toure though. Whereas Phil Jones, Anderson and Tom Cleverly probably don't hold the same threat.
a 30m signing ? that 30m player is nowhere near worth 30m and isnt anywhere near the standard of a 30m player, also thiago is better than barry, garcia, rodwell, so he would only have to fight for a place with fernandinho and toure

Value is subjective. What makes you think Fernandinho isn't worth the money? Detailed analysis, both statistical and observational over a lengthy period of time like our scouts? Or based on a handful of youtube clips and the fact he isn't a 'name'? What fucking chance do our players have when we've got people like you saying he's not worth this or that before he's even kicked a ball. He could be as good as De Rossi for all we know. Bet you thought he was worth it just because you've heard of him for a while.
all im saying is, he as only played in the ukraine league, he is 28 and doesnt even get in the brazil team, i havent seen much of him, i watched him in champions league and he looked very good, but i havent seen much of him, i might be wrong and he could be a key player for us and i hope he does turn out to be world class

LoveCity said:
Fernandinho will be one of the best midfielders in the Prem next season based on what I have seen on him (Champions League only). He's better than Thiago right now, at least more ready made for the Premier League. I love how some of our fans are following the rag trend of writing him off because of how many caps he has even though he said himself he had to leave Ukraine because Brazilian selectors are biased against such leagues.
Absolutely. The guy has so much motivation at the moment. It saddens me that some people don't see that. He will be massive in my opinion as well.

Syth said:
LoveCity said:
Absolutely. The guy has so much motivation at the moment. It saddens me that some people don't see that. He will be massive in my opinion as well.

I think Fernandinho will be one of our best players next season and plays in a role we much needed to improve.

Now back to Thiago. What a statement if we signed both Isco and Thiago.

Thiago's entourage denies personal terms have been agreed with Man United. Still considering future, although almost made his mind up [rac1]

Saw this on the barca forums and decided to post it. Although I still think he will join them, guess it doesn't hurt to post it.

Hunter is saying Barca could dispute the buyout, saying he was injured for part of the season, thus satisfying the 60% clause.

Would laugh myself to death if this fell through.

Blue Haze said:
Hunter is saying Barca could dispute the buyout, saying he was injured for part of the season, thus satisfying the 60% clause.

Would laugh myself to death if this fell through.

Who set the buyout criteria?

But yes it would be a laugh, huge. Even better of we signed him.

With a 25 man squad and restrictions on home grown players we can't go out and buy every foreign player that looks good to stop another team buying them. Whether the rags get him or not, with the likely addition of Isco, plus 1 or 2 others to strengthen all positions, IMO we have a stronger squad than the rags and a manager who is promising to take the shackles off the creative players o express themselves and I wold be more worried if I was them looking at our squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.