Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t get over last night how poor your midfield was. I know all the highlights and media blame the defense and Messi, but de Jong, busquets, Roberto and Vidal were nothing short of a disgrace. Bayern are clearly a very good side but that Barca midfield were woeful and allowed Bayern to play right through them.

Must of been a painful watch for you, but maybe that’s what was needed to really force the change you talk about.

Even Pep will tell you that how you set up tactically can expose weaknesses. Vidal was selected for very specific reasons that ultimately did not work, I would've preferred to see Puig paired with De Jong and a more mobile DM anchored behind them than Busquets. But this, again, is down to poor sporting outlook

Team selections were not always clear they were coming from Setien either but ultimately he flattered to deceive despite his impressive stints with smaller clubs. I saw this even before confinement and it was obvious they would never reach maximum efficiency with the current squad. Of course, Valverde was just as poor a selection but he more clearly was a lap dog for Bartomeu

I think the areas where they have looked the weakest (wide attacking players & fullbacks) were the biggest issues, Vidal was meant to help mitigate those deficiencies but cannot cover poor sports planning. Of course, I remain a bit shocked at how poor Ter Stegen was on the ball - is that down mostly to him or a coaching staff that did not properly prepare their team, not sure. I hope the next board will course correct where needed

Even Pep will tell you that how you set up tactically can expose weaknesses. Vidal was selected for very specific reasons that ultimately did not work, I would've preferred to see Puig paired with De Jong and a more mobile DM anchored behind them than Busquets. But this, again, is down to poor sporting outlook

Team selections were not always clear they were coming from Setien either but ultimately he flattered to deceive despite his impressive stints with smaller clubs. I saw this even before confinement and it was obvious they would never reach maximum efficiency with the current squad. Of course, Valverde was just as poor a selection but he more clearly was a lap dog for Bartomeu

I think the areas where they have looked the weakest (wide attacking players & fullbacks) were the biggest issues, Vidal was meant to help mitigate those deficiencies but cannot cover poor sports planning. Of course, I remain a bit shocked at how poor Ter Stegen was on the ball - is that down mostly to him or a coaching staff that did not properly prepare their team, not sure. I hope the next board will course correct where needed
Yes he looked shell shocked for most of the game and his distribution was awful.
Out of curiousity would you happily let Messi go yet? He is still an incredible player but at what point does the financial burden on the club become to much? Also, it sounds like he could well alienate other players and holds way too much power for one player. At some point that must become too big a problem to allow the club to move forward.

Yes he looked shell shocked for most of the game and his distribution was awful.
Out of curiousity would you happily let Messi go yet? He is still an incredible player but at what point does the financial burden on the club become to much? Also, it sounds like he could well alienate other players and holds way too much power for one player. At some point that must become too big a problem to allow the club to move forward.

I am sure there is a post in the archives but I advocated Messi coming to City & Pep a couple of years ago because I did not trust/believe Bartomeu would follow through on a coherent sporting strategy. Him remaining underscored how special the club is to him IMHO. I would not have begrudged him to leave then & wouldn't now - we deserve better but certainly the GOAT does

If he doesn’t come to us I am fine with it unless he goes to Liverpool. He will make them even stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.