Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the club up and down the country. The same as I do now, when we're allowed.

Just because we WERE shit, doesn't give us any excuse to be that now.

We've got clear deficiencies in the squad, that much is obvious. Centre back needed to be addressed last year. It wasn't and still hasn't been. We've had a glaring left back issue for 3 years which still hasn't been sorted. We've got two strikers. One is a club legend who is coming towards the end. The other is brilliant but he quite clearly isn't an out and out goalscorer.

All I'm saying is we needed a big summer this year but instead we're still in a position where Txiki won't speak to the owner of another football club because of a personal grudge and it's put the brakes on our pursuit of our top target.
I am not allowed to call you a whiney mard fucker as the Code of Conduct doesn’t allow it

I know he only has 1 year left but £27m is stil a bargain. Why do other clubs seem to get players on the cheap and we have to overpay every time?

Think we've had some great bargains to be honest. The fees we paid for Bernardo, Torres and Gundogan were all surprisingly low. Liverpool have also paid very high fees for members of their squad, including £35m for Oxlade-Chamberlain in his final year of contract. And they paid twice for Allison than we did for our keeper.

Signing of the season for me this is. Always been a huge admirer of Thiago, technically fantastic and has got a bite of bite in his game which is needed in the premier league.

He is in the top 3 CM in world football, as marquee of a signing as Liverpool could get.

Absolutely gutted he has gone there because it only strengthens their quest to retaining the title. Would have loved him at City, would have been absolutely perfect for our midfield. Liverpool finished 18 points clear of us last season and are bringing this maestro into their midfield. Oh Boy!

Do i think Liverpool will win the league? Yes i do. This signing has clinched it for me.

I just feel so deflated by it all. This window started so well and is coming to an abrupt end. People will say that the window hasn't finished and lets judge afterwards, but the fact is, we should have got our business done as early as possible.

If the Koulibaly transfer is taking us a long time, move on to other targets in the process and bring in additional players.

We have gaping holes in the squad and it is painful to see. We need a new left back, we need possibly another central midfielder to add more dynamism to our midfield and we potentially needed another striker due to Aguero's bad injury.

Sam Lee and his cronies had been telling us all summer we had up to 300m warchest on players. Simon Bajkowski said about 3 weeks ago, if City do sign Messi, they will bring in two more players as well. The only players we have been linked to are CB targets. We have no concrete links to midfield players, left backs or forward players.

If we fail to bring in 3 more players in this transfer window, it will come back to bite us on the arse. The worry for me is, De Bruyne after the Lyon match in his post match interview was absolutely deflated. If we get dumped out so easily in the CL this coming season, will our best players... the likes of Sterling and De Bruyne decide that their time is up at the Etihad?

After all, Sterling left Liverpool to win trophies and Liverpool ended up winning the one trophy he and the other players in the squad are craving for.

I was hoping this window would be a chance to really stamp our authority and give Pep all the tools to absolutely go all out for the CL this season, especially considering it looks to be his last season with the club.

What started in such excitement, is ending in such disappointment. Still less than 3 weeks to go before the window is shut, but i am not confident we will get exactly what we need. We have dropped a huge clanger here.

Signing of the season for me this is. Always been a huge admirer of Thiago, technically fantastic and has got a bite of bite in his game which is needed in the premier league.

He is in the top 3 CM in world football, as marquee of a signing as Liverpool could get.

Absolutely gutted he has gone there because it only strengthens their quest to retaining the title. Would have loved him at City, would have been absolutely perfect for our midfield. Liverpool finished 18 points clear of us last season and are bringing this maestro into their midfield. Oh Boy!

Do i think Liverpool will win the league? Yes i do. This signing has clinched it for me.

I just feel so deflated by it all. This window started so well and is coming to an abrupt end. People will say that the window hasn't finished and lets judge afterwards, but the fact is, we should have got our business done as early as possible.

If the Koulibaly transfer is taking us a long time, move on to other targets in the process and bring in additional players.

We have gaping holes in the squad and it is painful to see. We need a new left back, we need possibly another central midfielder to add more dynamism to our midfield and we potentially needed another striker due to Aguero's bad injury.

Sam Lee and his cronies had been telling us all summer we had up to 300m warchest on players. Simon Bajkowski said about 3 weeks ago, if City do sign Messi, they will bring in two more players as well. The only players we have been linked to are CB targets. We have no concrete links to midfield players, left backs or forward players.

If we fail to bring in 3 more players in this transfer window, it will come back to bite us on the arse. The worry for me is, De Bruyne after the Lyon match in his post match interview was absolutely deflated. If we get dumped out so easily in the CL this coming season, will our best players... the likes of Sterling and De Bruyne decide that their time is up at the Etihad?

After all, Sterling left Liverpool to win trophies and Liverpool ended up winning the one trophy he and the other players in the squad are craving for.

I was hoping this window would be a chance to really stamp our authority and give Pep all the tools to absolutely go all out for the CL this season, especially considering it looks to be his last season with the club.

What started in such excitement, is ended in such disappointment. Still less than 3 weeks to go before the window is shut, but i am not confident we will get exactly what we need. We have dropped a huge clanger here.

Its no good if Thiago is missing chunks of the season. We had that trouble with Vinny

Its no good if Thiago is missing chunks of the season. We had that trouble with Vinny

He started 20 league games last season and 26 league games before that, that would be more than enough for us.

Wonderful signing.

He started 20 league games last season and 26 league games before that, that would be more than enough for us.

Wonderful signing.

Still playing in a very intense league still has to be managed very carefully something Klopp is known not to do with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.