Thiago Silva

Young said:
i♥city! said:
Stoned Rose said:
4om quid for a 28yr old centre back is fucking silly.

PSG can have him.

Its worth it considering the fact that this "28yr old" could give us at least 5 good seasons. Terry and Ferdinand are still great and they are above 32 .

Ferdinand's still great? Seriously? Even Evans could do better.

United got 10 years + out of Ferdinand. We would be lucky to get 4 out of Silva!

Not worth the fee.

Mad 4 It said:
Mats Hummels it is then

Where have you been, he's just signed a long-term contract with Dortmund that boosts his wages to what he was holding out for.

Our only real high class option left is Martinez playing as a CB. Which to me is ideal since Lescott wouldn't be benched, Martinez could play CM unless an injury came up.

Blue Haze said:
Our only real high class option left is Martinez playing as a CB. Which to me is ideal since Lescott wouldn't be benched, Martinez could play CM unless an injury came up.

I agree Hummels is a no go, Howedes at schalke is also a very good CB but Martinez is and was the only one we need to beef up defense and midfield. Pay the £30mill and get it done.

i♥city! said:
Mad 4 It said:
Mats Hummels it is then

He was disastrous in the 5-2 friendly although maybe we could make an exception considering the fact that it was a friendly match . I'll personally love it if we Hijack the Vertonghen deal.

The only way I could see us going for this guy is if Kola leaves as he could play both LB and CB. He's not a wingback though so not sure bobby would be interested. The better option is Martinez.

We came in for an inordinate amount of criticism and even derision when we began to spend big, and our new players were publicly castigated for being mercenaries.

Historically, we've always been a big club, and domestically few can match our support. We play in arguably the strongest, most competitive league in the world - the envy of the rest of Europe.

So can someone please explain to me how, besides the money, we have anything in common with PSG? How PSG aren't subjected to the same abuse that we're used to?

PSG are a competitive club in Europe's 4th or 5th best league.

What motives, besides money, does one of football's most highly rated defenders have in a move to PSG?

Thiago Silva could theoretically play for any of Europe's top clubs, he currently plays for one of them no less.

I know I'm open to claims of hypocrisy, but I'm baffled by this transfer, I really just don't get it, there is no logic to it. If Thiago Silva moves to PSG he'll be demonstrating an astonishing lack of professional ambition.

c-t-i-d-87 said:
We came in for an inordinate amount of criticism and even derision when we began to spend big, and our new players were publicly castigated for being mercenaries.

Historically, we've always been a big club, and domestically few can match our support. We play in arguably the strongest, most competitive league in the world - the envy of the rest of Europe.

So can someone please explain to me how, besides the money, we have anything in common with PSG? How PSG aren't subjected to the same abuse that we're used to?

PSG are a competitive club in Europe's 4th or 5th best league.

What motives, besides money, does one of football's most highly rated defenders have in a move to PSG?

Thiago Silva could theoretically play for any of Europe's top clubs, he currently plays for one of them no less.

I know I'm open to claims of hypocrisy, but I'm baffled by this transfer, I really just don't get it, there is no logic to it. If Thiago Silva moves to PSG he'll be demonstrating an astonishing lack of professional ambition.

It's because none of the British media give a fuck!

When we started spending and upsetting these rags liverpool and southern teams reporters teams they don't like it one bit and write a shit load bollocks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.