Thierry Ambrose

FantasyIreland said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
He scored again today,for the u18's,in a 4-0 win over Boro.

I think this lad could be a star for us in the not too distant.......

Interesting player with real promise.Pace,good strength even though he isn't that big,jumps very well,good close control and can clearly score goals. He has just about everything and add to that I would say a good attitude.

Involved in the build up for the first goal too running the ball deep to the right corner and then after the ball had been worked across to the other side he was there to head home at the far post from virtually point blank range.

Cheers Nelly.

It does seem he creates as well as scores,both numbers being high this season.I'm trying to think of a player he reminds me of but I'm not sure I can come up with one....? maybe Owen?

How about Aguero

Have you been on the ale Nelly??

At (nearly) 17,i guess only time will tell..... at this stage,certainly he has the tools to go a very long way.

FantasyIreland said:

At (nearly) 17,i guess only time will tell..... at this stage,certainly he has the tools to go a very long way.
I could only think of Aguero as well, but Ambrose poses a bigger aerial threat i'd say. But it's long shout, we can only hope!

spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:

I could only think of Aguero as well, but Ambrose poses a bigger aerial threat i'd say. But it's long shout, we can only hope!

If you have talent it's one thing. but if you also have the athletic prowess to go with it, then it's a huge thing in the modern game.

He is of course up against youngsters at the moment, but if he is as strong & quick by comparison when he gets to the higher level, then he will be pretty much nailed on to make it big, as the football talent is obviously there.

It's whether that strength grows at the same rate, or whether others catch him up.

He really does look the part at that level though, & he clearly loves it at City. One to be fast tracked through the age groups I think, possibly hold him one more year before unleashing him through the whole system.

FantasyIreland said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
He scored again today,for the u18's,in a 4-0 win over Boro.

I think this lad could be a star for us in the not too distant.......

Interesting player with real promise.Pace,good strength even though he isn't that big,jumps very well,good close control and can clearly score goals. He has just about everything and add to that I would say a good attitude.

Involved in the build up for the first goal too running the ball deep to the right corner and then after the ball had been worked across to the other side he was there to head home at the far post from virtually point blank range.

Cheers Nelly.

It does seem he creates as well as scores,both numbers being high this season.I'm trying to think of a player he reminds me of but I'm not sure I can come up with one....? maybe Owen?

Very similar attributes to Bony at Swansea. Owen isn't a bad shout, Ambrose has far more to his game though. Owen wouldn't have half the impact he had 15 years ago in the modern game.

Ambrose is a raw but prodigious talent that can go to the very top. Needs to be managed carefully. Wilcox has got great production out of him. Vieira may have him with the EDS next year, He's in good hands.

Only turned 17 just 3 days ago so there's some serious potential there without a doubt. It's about time City announced a CityTV channel where we can watch the U18s & EDS squad at the very least if not the younger games too.

19 gaols<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 pm --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2014/April/Thierry-Ambrose-academy-interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... -interview</a>

Nasri said:
19 gaols

-- Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 pm --

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2014/April/Thierry-Ambrose-academy-interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... -interview</a>
He is a complete monster, hope he makes it here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.