Things are far clearer now

2) Rooney is now bigger than the Rags - takes the piss out of the club, players and rag fans, upsets the manager so he is in tears, in the past he would have been out of the door, now even though everything done in full glare of press signs a new deal.

Good post mate. The second point is the conclusion that I've drawn most. Rooney held the rags to ransom. He and his medja circus are bigger than the club he plays for and his supposedly oh so massive club had to back down. That's what I feared for us. Robinho syndrome on acid. Our club remains bigger than any of its constituent parts (big as some of them are).

A bullet narrowly avoided imo.

m27 said:
Now the dust has settled, fair play to the lads who didn't want him and never budged.

However, I wanted him but I was struggling to establish eaxctly why i wanted him; for the wind-up; or for footballing reasons.

Anyway, he may be the same player in 8 months time I wanted to sign yesterday, he'll probably be in better form. That doesn't matter, he is the morally bereft fat scouse c*nt I always suspected he was and he suits that football club down to the ground.

Go on Mario, show them what a real child prodigy looks like.

i stated i didn't want him on here, but don't beat yourself up about it. it was 50/50

i think that what's come out of all this is another notch (for me) on mancini's bedpost

the man could have declared his interest with a click of his fingers, but he knows what he wants. why destroy the balance of a great team? which we now have

and it's only going to get better

i'm with mancini on this one, well played mate.

the hypocritical fans that welcomed the new contract and before wanted Rooney's head now don't understand that Rooney is laughing, he has doubled his wages and still thinks that United are becoming a shit club. Rooney = bottler.

I actually think that the reason he signed a new contract was because he was given assurances that he would be sold to whichever side he wanted in the summer as long as he signed a new contract so the rags could get a bigger fee.

Conor Mcfc said:
the hypocritical fans that welcomed the new contract and before wanted Rooney's head now don't understand that Rooney is laughing, he has doubled his wages and still thinks that United are becoming a shit club. Rooney = bottler.

A bottler? Harsh.

A 'bottler' doesn't buck the trend at a 'mighty' club. A 'bottler' doesn't sense weakness and go in for the kill.

Clearly masterminded by the genius that is Mr Stretford, what has happened is a win-win situation for the boy. When you read the rumour that he wasn't bothered where he went re: City or Chelski, it was clear the going abroad was going to be unlikely.

So, think of it this way; how does he get what he wants? He wants to be the best paid player in the Prem. Check. He wants to humiliate the club. Check. This is purely a professional move.

The bonus knowledge that he is the BIG Fish in the pond has to be entirely satisfying. Sure, he had to eat a little humble pie, but that humble pie tastes of £200, 000 smackers every week! Watching his climb down, I saw it was hard on him. Okay, he's been humiliated briefly, but he counts the cost of their humiliation every week now. A boost in weekly wages, a sure fire gaining on his image rights and probably the captaincy thrown into the bargain at a later point(should he get there!).

A small price to pay.

Ultimately, Whiskey will aim to sell the lad. He's plotting it now, of course, taking the long walk round to it. That's when he can use his infamous "no player is bigger than the club" line. Shrek wins again.

A total and utter master stroke by Paul Stretford. The long view of this fella is amazing.

Thebluehorse said:
I actually think that the reason he signed a new contract was because he was given assurances that he would be sold to whichever side he wanted in the summer as long as he signed a new contract so the rags could get a bigger fee.

Spot on bluehorse. Look at the history - no player no matter how good, how important gets the better of baconface. This is a temporary fix. Shrek is on the way out. It might take a year or 18 months but he's gone. The only way he'll stay is if baconface retires. The Glazers will pay out the extra wages but desperately need a quick payback.

I hope we never go near the scouse whore/grannyshagger.

mike winterwasp said:
Thebluehorse said:

Spot on bluehorse. Look at the history - no player no matter how good, how important gets the better of baconface. This is a temporary fix. Shrek is on the way out. It might take a year or 18 months but he's gone. The only way he'll stay is if baconface retires. The Glazers will pay out the extra wages but desperately need a quick payback.

I hope we never go near the scouse whore/grannyshagger.

There's no reason for me to say this, but I don't think that's quite true. I think Stretford expects this to happen thus the reason for the hard bargaining.

I, somehow, cannot see Whiskey negotiating Shrek's future sale with Shrek, himself. That's not his way.

I think he'd rather do it like 'slayer in the night'.

'Out of the blue' as it were...

All a big hoax, mourinho wenger and reals presidents could all see it.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3193705/Wayne-Rooney-on-250k-a-week.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -week.html</a>

250 k! Thats beyond crazy!

Rammyblues said:
1) History counts for fuck all - money is god (Rooney prepared to leave the so called most sucessful club in premiership for a better deal, stays but doubles his wages)
2) Rooney is now bigger than the Rags - takes the piss out of the club, players and rag fans, upsets the manager so he is in tears, in the past he would have been out of the door, now even though everything done in full glare of press signs a new deal.
3) Rags whole club are now shit scared of our club, never in all my life have I ever known anything like this. Fans daubing threats on walls, demonstrating outside homes, commentators saying he wouldn't be able to walk the streets.
4) They do things the right way, players only join them to win trophies - Rooneys statements re quality of squad.
5) Rag clubs reputation has been drawn through the mud they are on the decline, have to accept it will now take longer for that decline to show itself but the cracks in their rotten empire are starting to show - Lack of ambition in transfer market, large debts. (God bless the Glazers and long may they continue to bleed that shithole club dry)
6) Thank fuck I don't have to cheer the badge kissing rag (Phew that was too close for comfort)
<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:34 am --<br /><br />Agree with every single word op, music to my eads. CTID

howiedeblue said:
Glad he is stayin at the swamp...its were Shrek is happiest....
No more can they throw the "He only went to city fer the money" lie at us, Rooney played em good.....and Fergie was beaten at the mind games were told he is a master of.....

TICK FECKIN TOCK!!!!
love that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.