Things from Maine Road we wont see at Eastlands

Tuearts right boot said:
Remember Helen with her bell,what happened to her.
She actually made it to Eastlands for a few years but sadly died.
The smell of cannabis in the Kippax
Paying to get in the Platt Lane end then making my way round the ground to sit in the North Stand with my uncle, Platt Lane was cheaper.

Westlers Waterburgers with onions with American Burger Mustard from those push around carts! Bloody lovely!

parking my motorbike in some persons back yard behind the kippax
watching other teams fans shitting themselfs while trying to get to the ground thru all the back streets and passages esp at night lol
decent pubs
seeing Granada tv vans parked to film the match for soccer sunday
hearing the roar when the teams entered the tunnel and the people on the half way line could see them and the cheering started spreading along the kippax...no cheesy music then!
Colin Bell.....playing !!

oh how i miss Maine Rd

BOMBER7967 said:
Westlers Waterburgers with onions with American Burger Mustard from those push around carts! Bloody lovely!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate but it wasn't mustard. It was a resin collected from when they had been scratching their arses all day.

Coupled with the plasters floating in the water they were lovely.

A street sign outside the main entrance saying Maine Road.

Not that there was one much - it used to get nicked!

A shed selling merchandise and programmes with vouchers cut out.

1_barry_conlon said:
BOMBER7967 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate but it wasn't mustard. It was a resin collected from when they had been scratching their arses all day.

Coupled with the plasters floating in the water they were lovely.

So my Saturday afternoon delicacy was nothing more than human waste! Oh well still tasted okay!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.