Things from Maine Road we wont see at Eastlands

The huge queues for membership cards at that little hutch behind the Kippax.

Throwing carrotts at Tony "Donkey" Adams.

When they shifted the away fans to the Platt Lane, standing on the old segregation railings on the Kippax, for an elevated view.

The original City Chippy on Claremont Road.

The goalden goal in the programme.

Niall Quinn's Disco Pants

Smashed car windows EVERY SATURDAY on Yew Tree Road

Bananas

Those old city 'reni' hats

David White being 'fucking fast'

Being within slapping distance of the away fans in the top left of the kippax

Fat scruffy mobile hot dog sellers pissing in the entrys!
The floodlights
the pink alley
the evening news wagon
Elton Welsby
West ham taking the forcourt
daft donald
soccer world
Liverpool v everton semi final
The Parkside/Clarence/Sherwood
200 utd in the northstand
doubling up!
100 touts
Mikey Williams R.I.P

The Old Abbey
Chippy facing the old social club
Social club
Dog Shit Alleys
Wading through 2" of piss and fighting your way in and out of the open roofed gents in the Kippax at half time.
Drinking, smoking and watching the match, remember in the early 80's a crowd of us in the Kippax polishing off a bottle of whisky and smashing it on the terrace after finishing it.
Football rattles
Three wheeled invalid cars parking at the scoreboard end pitch corners.
Whistling the Laurel and Hardy theme in the Kippax at the police as they walked the sideline pre kick off .
In 1966 they had the bbc TV camera's in the Kippax for one match...never again, they moved to the main stand "Wolstenholme's a Queer" long and loud on match of the day.

Spurs fans turning up late (special train I think) when we thought they had no fans
Standing on the concrete barrier half way up the Kippax to get a better view
All my mates taking the piss out of me at school because I used to love standing in the "sways"
Being able to move up and down the Kippax to the end of the ground we were attacking
The turnstiles
Going to rusholm before and after the match
When it kicked off after the match especially with the Munich's
Denmark pitch battles
etc..................................................................

Waggon wheels. Men van printin first edition wiv results in stop press column. Brown ale. Paul Todd doin lap of pitch. Seekers singin we shall not be moved. Kippax singin bring on the champions just before ko. Tea vendors floogin crap tea around running track at half time. Coppers all marchin into ground in a line just before final whistle kippax doin the de de de de de as they marched along. Can I mind yer car mister. Match special buses from kirkenshulme lane belle vue. Wearin the scarf you nicked from the last away game. Planning the next away game usually on football special. Scarf either tied round wrist or through parallels belt loop. Battering rags on the pitch and smashing through the rope in the kippax to batter them just after ko at every Maine road derby in the 70 s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.