Things people say that annoy you..

I can't stand Americanisms, so yesterday at high school I stepped-up to the plate and told my fellow students that we had to man-up and going forward this Fall keep our eyes on the prize - saving our pure English mother-tongue from American phrases and lizard men.

I seem to have become a twat recently.

I'm using the phrases "to be DEADLY honest" (with emphasis on the deadly) and "essentially, yes"/"essentially that' the problem"/"essentially something something".

I cannot stop myself from doing this and it's becoming worrying.

When I tell someone something and they say "Really?"

No, not really. I made the statement up as an excuse to have a mind numbingly boring conversation with you, who I don't actually like, just so you would contend the validity of said opening statement.

Sigh said:
I can't stand Americanisms, so yesterday at high school I stepped-up to the plate and told my fellow students that we had to man-up and going forward this Fall keep our eyes on the prize - saving our pure English mother-tongue from American phrases and lizard men.
same here dude

also the phrase that is often used in American sport

"Its a cake walk" fuck off uncle sam

and what the hell is a cake walk

I agree with the rest but to be fair is good. It shows the poster is trying to be even handed. My personal hate is 'in regards to'. It's a failed attempted to sound clever. A Barton twitterism

another thing someone rang my work and said "my ETA is...." I put the phone down before he got the A out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.