Things people say that annoy you..

"I care about City just as much as you do" - from any number of our shallow, morally defunct new 'fans'.

"Always expect the unexpected". If it's unexpected then how can you possibly expect it?

Might have been said, but people who put 'actually' in front of things in an unnecessary way like:

"Oh my god, I was actually laughing my head off."

It's like the bastard child of 'literally'.

Also there are few things that people do when typing that make me wonder. One is people who put an abundance of commas instead of periods like:

"Yeah,,,, I don't get it?"

Why?! Can they not see the difference? I'm not a grammar/spelling nazi but I find that really annoying. There's also people who put a space before they end their sentences like:

"Yeah , something like this ."

Why is that space there?! I'm more just confused and baffled, rather than annoyed by people, to be honest.

machiavellian said:
"I care about City just as much as you do" - from any number of our shallow, morally defunct new 'fans'.

Are they never going to reach the 10 out of 10 rating that you have achieved on imthebiggestcityfan.com? I remember seeing the Hello! style photoshoot where they showed your collection of programmes in chronological order, only missing one away programme in 1942. That missing programme haunts you to this day.

SkyBlueFlux said:
Also there are few things that people do when typing that make me wonder. One is people who put an abundance of commas instead of periods like:

oh dear. oh dear oh fucking dear. no offence but this is another creeping americanism that really gets on my tits. in british english period means a passage of time or a menstrual cycle. it does not mean full stop. so just say full stop.

rassclot said:
SkyBlueFlux said:

oh dear. oh dear oh fucking dear. no offence but this is another creeping americanism that really gets on my tits. in british english period means a passage of time or a menstrual cycle. it does not mean full stop. so just say full stop.

Funny you should say that. I originally put 'full stop' but because I was using it in a '...' context and not just the usual end of the sentence '.' I doubted myself as to whether it was technically correct to say 'full stops' and so I changed it.

I didn't think of period as an American thing, I thought of it as its proper name. I thought full stop was a colloquial term. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.