Things people say that annoy you..

rassclot said:
oh dear. oh dear oh fucking dear. no offence but this is another creeping americanism that really gets on my tits. in british english period means a passage of time or a menstrual cycle. it does not mean full stop. so just say full stop.

If you want to get technical, period is the correct word for it and full stop is a bastardisation.

In fact, if you want to get really technical, then SkyBlueFlux was also incorrect to call them 'commas instead of periods', when he actually means 'commas instead of ellipsis'

Damocles said:
rassclot said:
oh dear. oh dear oh fucking dear. no offence but this is another creeping americanism that really gets on my tits. in british english period means a passage of time or a menstrual cycle. it does not mean full stop. so just say full stop.

If you want to get technical, period is the correct word for it and full stop is a bastardisation.

In fact, if you want to get really technical, then SkyBlueFlux was also incorrect to call them 'commas instead of periods', when he actually means 'commas instead of ellipsis'

Haha, well that just answered my post before yours. Thanks for clearing that up. I knew it had a different name.

SkyBlueFlux said:
Damocles said:
rassclot said:

Haha, well that just answered my post before yours. Thanks for clearing that up. I knew it had a different name.

Damocles: Skyblueflux, I am your father.

"I'd smash her backdoors in" I really hate this comment and am appalled at how many times it's used on BM.

Agree with another poster about "epic". Hate it. Also hate "major fail."

One of my mates says "standard" ALL the time. Hate that too.

Completely hate "gash" e.g. "Robinson is gash". It's just irritating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.