Things that taste better when .....

If anyone knows of a way cooking a tomato sauce for pasta which can also be freezed, I would be very grateful.

I get it to the right density when cooking with mince beef, but I am a part time vegetarian and so I would like to find a way of getting the right density without beef. Whenever I've tried it without beef I can't get it to the right density and the tomato flavour is too rich (I know what I have just written, but there is something in mince beef that blends well with tomato).

All the sauces available in the stores are disgusting like BlueBearBoots has pointed out.

dobobobo said:
If anyone knows of a way cooking a tomato sauce for pasta which can also be freezed, I would be very grateful.

I get it to the right density when cooking with mince beef, but I am a part time vegetarian and so I would like to find a way of getting the right density without beef. Whenever I've tried it without beef I can't get it to the right density and the tomato flavour is too rich (I know what I have just written, but there is something in mince beef that blends well with tomato).

All the sauces available in the stores are disgusting like BlueBearBoots has pointed out.

You need to add lots of water and then simmer it for a long time, tea spoon of sugar too

BlueBearBoots said:
dobobobo said:

You need to add lots of water and then simmer it for a long time, tea spoon of sugar too

That's what I tried on one occasion but it made no difference and became a soup!

Thank you though, as you have confirmed that I need to cook it longer. I cook spaghetti bolognese for about 30 to 40 mins and have only ever done the same amount of time for just the tomato version.

dobobobo said:
BlueBearBoots said:
dobobobo said:

That's what I tried on one occasion but it made no difference and became a soup!

Thank you though, as you have confirmed that I need to cook it longer. I cook spaghetti bolognese for about 30 to 40 mins and have only ever done the same amount of time for just the tomato version.

I've had my spag Bol on the go for 2 hours, all the flavours need to blend. Do you use tinned tomatoes? I find they work best tbf then I add herbs and spices and stock I use chicken but if you are veggie use a veggie one but no salt cos I find stock cubes really salty

dobobobo said:
BlueBearBoots said:
dobobobo said:

I only use Plum tomatoes , and reduce for an hour , try a tablespoon of Molasses / brown sugar . I prefer to use Pesto instead of tom. puree , Aldi`s is top .

Kebabs Burgers ,and Chilli ,spag bol . dont eat anything made of minced meat when out .

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
I'm not much of a chef but I've found nobody makes gravy as good as mine

can i borrow you next sunday when it's my turn to have my mum and dad for sunday dinner? my dad says that my roast dinners are great but always let down by my gravy.

mine is probably my pimms. it's the slug of gin which sets it apart. in fact, i quite fancy one now.

or my roast chicken which is waayyyy better than any i've ever had in a restaurant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.