Things That Went Wrong On Your Istanbul Trip

jrb

Without notice and until I tried to use my debit card at 3 different ATM’s this Afternoon to get some money out, the Halifax have cancelled my debit card.

I‘ve been using the debit card all week back in the UK. Used it at the airport to get a couple of drinks yesterday. I also paid £7 extra so I wouldn’t be charged for using my debit card in Turkey. Good one!

I rang the Halifax back In the UK, which cost me £25 on my Giff Gaff account, and they told me the debit card had been reported damaged, which is an utter lie, as I have been using the card up to yesterday, and I haven’t reported it damaged or stolen. They told me they couldn’t reinstate the card.

Just by chance I brought my credit card as well, which I‘ve added to my Google wallet. If I hadn’t have brought the debit card I would be utterly fucked. No debit card and only 1100 Lira in cash left.

I’m absolutely fuming. I’ve spent all Afternoon sorting this shit out instead of enjoy myself in Istanbul. (I’ve filled out a Halifax online complaints form, for what it’s worth?)

A big thanks to the blues in the bar who lent me 50 lira to pay for the 2 drinks I had. The waiter wouldn’t let me leave twithout paying 50 lira on top of the money I had on me for the 2 drinks. I tried to pay with my debit card.

definitely watch the bars blues - people enticing us into bars at 100TL a pint/bottle and when the bill comes is doubled…

Question it and tell them to fuck off

Without notice and until I tried to use my debit card at 3 different ATM’s this Afternoon to get some money out, the Halifax have cancelled my debit card.

I‘ve been using the debit card all week back in the UK. Used it at the airport to get a couple of drinks yesterday. I also paid £7 extra so I wouldn’t be charged for using my debit card in Turkey. Good one!

I rang the Halifax back In the UK, which cost me £25 on my Giff Gaff account, and they told me the debit card had been reported damaged, which is an utter lie, as I have been using the card up to yesterday, and I haven’t reported it damaged or stolen. They told me they couldn’t reinstate the card.

Just by chance I brought my credit card as well, which I‘ve added to my Google wallet. If I hadn’t have brought the debit card I would be utterly fucked. No debit card and only 1100 Lira in cash left.

I’m absolutely fuming. I’ve spent all Afternoon sorting this shit out instead of enjoy myself in Istanbul. (I’ve filled out a Halifax online complaints form, for what it’s worth?)

A big thanks to the blues in the bar who lent me 50 lira to pay for the 2 drinks I had. The waiter wouldn’t let me leave twithout paying 50 lira on top of the money I had on me for the 2 drinks. I tried to pay with my debit card.
Feel your pain.

Got my bag nicked in Porto with all cards and cash in it. Was a fucking nightmare.

Halifax pal. Bunch of inept wankers. Fuck em. Least you're sorted. Enjoy your time there then give the cunts both barrels when you're home. Don't let the twats ruin it for you.
Thanks mate. It’s ruined the day. Still stuck in the apartment. Heading out in a bit. I’m apprehensive. If my credit card doesn’t work over the next 4 days, I’m totally fucked.

Chill out blue, banks are a push over with stuff like this (I work for one). Spend what you want on your credit card and demand all charges refunded and compensation for the "distress and inconvenience" plus you call costs back. You will get a nice payment in ur bank account.

Thanks for the advice.

I will, don’t worry.

The whole episode has really fucked me off and ruined the whole day. Let’s hope it doesn’t ruin the rest of my trip?

Thanks For the advice.

I will, don’t worry.

The whole episode has really fucked me off and ruined the whole day. Let’s hope it doesn’t ruin the rest of my trip.
If you are with someone you could always make a bank xfer onto their card too as a last resort

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.