Things you have lost interest in over the years.

I kind of agree.

I love boxing, it's my favourite sport and had done it from the age of six but I've lost interest compared to before. I'd stay up all hours and watch fights from all over the world until a few years ago.

The main thing that started making me lose interest is cards where nearly every fight was a 95/5 kind of fight for the A side with an inevitable results. The other is corrupt score cards for home/A side fighters.

That said, I still like it and I don't mind that the Saudi money is putting a lot of good cards on, just a shame it means there's very few tickets for boxing fans.

It's just become a frustrating sport. Now we have Canelo using every excuse under the sun to not fight Benavidez. It's just getting tedious trying to really enjoy it all.
I gave up watching boxing after the Catterall, Taylor fight. Even Paddy Power gave back the stakes on Catterall to win. The judges were watching a different fight to what I was watching. I don't bother watching it now. I was astounded by the decision. I've not watched a boxing fight since.

I gave up watching boxing after the Catterall, Taylor fight. Even Paddy Power gave back the stakes on Catterall to win. The judges were watching a different fight to what I was watching. I don't bother watching it now. I was astounded by the decision. I've not watched a boxing fight since.

Its shocking, it goes right down to amateur level.

I was an amateur as a kid/teenager, fought at a good level and won plenty of cups. I can say for certain there's about 5 fights I clearly won easily and got robbed because the owners of gyms or family were friendly with the organisers and officials.

My nephew is boxing now and got badly robbed in a BoxCup final last year basically because the kid he really beat had already been chosen to go abroad to represent the country, so they didn't want him to lose a domestic tournament right before.

Disgraceful sport at times, right down to kids level. Imagine robbing 13 year olds at tournaments because of boxing politics.

Its shocking, it goes right down to amateur level.

I was an amateur as a kid/teenager, fought at a good level and won plenty of cups. I can say for certain there's about 5 fights I clearly won easily and got robbed because the owners of gyms or family were friendly with the organisers and officials.

My nephew is boxing now and got badly robbed in a BoxCup final last year basically because the kid he really beat had already been chosen to go abroad to represent the country, so they didn't want him to lose a domestic tournament right before.

Disgraceful sport at times, right down to kids level. Imagine robbing 13 year olds at tournaments because of boxing politics.
It's like what do you have to do to win? I'm not arsed about it anymore and told my friend boxing is out for me. By the way I don't know of the lads personally that fought that night but the decision was ridiculous. He hammered him for 10 rounds. Complete joke.

It's like what do you have to do to win? I'm not arsed about it anymore and told my friend boxing is out for me. By the way I don't know of the lads personally that fought that night but the decision was ridiculous. He hammered him for 10 rounds. Complete joke.

Catterall didn't get the decision because he can't sell tickets. That's the top and bottom of it. It's much better for business for Taylor to hold the belts.

Nobody can convince me the judges are not corrupt because if it was down to incompetence then why are pretty much 99% of very controversial decisions in favour of the hometown fighter/a side/cash cow? If it was incompetence then it wouldn't be so disproportionate who the dodgy decisions go in favour of. So you can only put it down to pure corruption.

Catterall didn't get the decision because he can't sell tickets. That's the top and bottom of it. It's much better for business for Taylor to hold the belts.

Nobody can convince me the judges are not corrupt because if it was down to incompetence then why are pretty much 99% of very controversial decisions in favour of the hometown fighter/a side/cash cow? If it was incompetence then it wouldn't be so disproportionate who the dodgy decisions go in favour of. So you can only put it down to pure corruption.
I hear ya mate, but, seriously Boxing / prizefighting has been this way since...forever. Unless you knock someone out...even then it could be a 'fixed' K.O. Have a look at what went on in the 30's - 50's. ...Hell, even the Olympics....possibly every single one of them.

Going to the pub on a Friday afternoon. OK I'm going now but it's more out of a sense of duty. Helping the local pub in these times of economic hardship and keeping the local economy going.
I suppose I best get my trainers on.

I just hope someone brings some money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.