This building will look very different

Probably be something along the lines of "This is our season" with a collage of the new signings and regualr first teamers

baldybouncer said:
stony said:
You're right, the "Welcome to Manchester" billboard had no effect at all and it wasn't one of the most successful billboard posters of all time. It hardly received any press coverage. I'd be surprised if bacon face even knew about it.

You're a plonker! Read this extract from The Times from last July ...

... "Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Manchester City of arrogance over a controversial billboard campaign.

No sooner had City signed Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez after his two-year stint at United than a giant poster, above, was erected at the bottom of Deansgate, one of Manchester’s busy shopping streets, declaring ‘Carlos Tevez, welcome to Manchester’.

The poster makes a couple of points: that City are actually in the city of Manchester, whereas United are in the neighbouring borough of Trafford. At the same time it suggests that Tevez is more welcome at Eastlands than he was at United."

Not to mention the fact that The Scum fans started there own campaign of mock up posters.

And to think they say bouncers aren't smart.... ;)

Just drove past now and they're about 1/4 of the way through putting it up.

Same colour scheme as the previous advertisements using Ade/SWP/Bellamy/Tevez and with the words 'be part of it' in the bottom left corner.

Players i could make out were Given and Boateng, although it might have been Yaya, and i'm not guaranteeing it was Given either (the traffic lights were green so didn't stop to check it out just slowed down)!

This is going to look quality.

baldybouncer said:
stony said:
You're right, the "Welcome to Manchester" billboard had no effect at all and it wasn't one of the most successful billboard posters of all time. It hardly received any press coverage. I'd be surprised if bacon face even knew about it.

You're a plonker! Read this extract from The Times from last July ...

... "Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Manchester City of arrogance over a controversial billboard campaign.

No sooner had City signed Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez after his two-year stint at United than a giant poster, above, was erected at the bottom of Deansgate, one of Manchester’s busy shopping streets, declaring ‘Carlos Tevez, welcome to Manchester’.

The poster makes a couple of points: that City are actually in the city of Manchester, whereas United are in the neighbouring borough of Trafford. At the same time it suggests that Tevez is more welcome at Eastlands than he was at United."

Not to mention the fact that The Scum fans started there own campaign of mock up posters.

We really should have a Clarkie of the week sticky. Your contribution sir is outstanding.

man.applauds.gif

Mancini and the players in the middle with "be part of it"either side. No jibes or comments about anyone i'm reliably told.

This was early on this afternoon.

[bigimg]http://i33.tinypic.com/2rcaj6g.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i33.tinypic.com/24fb6mv.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.