'This City is Ours' song

Sure I read on here recently that the “City City the best team in the land and all the world’’ tune was taken from the 60s film The Viking’s

Interesting! Inspired by Douglas and Curtis. Always wondered what the origin of that song was.

On the subject of where City songs originated, in one episode of the latest Peaky Blinders series a load of heavies from Glasgow burst out of a gypsy caravan all guns blazing singing “ hello, hello we are the Billy boys”. I was fully expecting them to sing City boys not Billy boys.
Has this song has been nicked off Glaswegian gangsters?

Plenty of noted Blues down in London. Lots of industry here hence the attractive jobs.

Daft stereotype. I’ve been here on and off since 2005 and know just a handful of Cockney reds. Loads of West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs etc.
Cockney Reds has been a thing since the 60's /70's when they had hordes of them come off the train at Piccadilly for every Utd home game.

Often met at The Brunswick if we weren't away anywhere. Or on the station if we were. Or services. Times have changed.

On the subject of where City songs originated, in one episode of the latest Peaky Blinders series a load of heavies from Glasgow burst out of a gypsy caravan all guns blazing singing “ hello, hello we are the Billy boys”. I was fully expecting them to sing City boys not Billy boys.
The original song was called "Marching Through Georgia" and was a Union Army marching song in The American Civil War. It celebrates the army of General William Tecumseh Sherman on their "March To The Sea" to capture the Confederate city of Savannah. Essentially this is one of the earlier examples of modern TOTAL WAR when a scorched earth policy is adopted by the invading army and crops,livestock,communications and infrastructure are destroyed and laid waste.

King William. Ask Rangers fans.

The original song was called "Marching Through Georgia" and was a Union Army marching song in The American Civil War. It celebrates the army of General William Tecumseh Sherman on their "March To The Sea" to capture the Confederate city of Savannah. Essentially this is one of the earlier examples of modern TOTAL WAR when a scorched earth policy is adopted by the invading army and crops,livestock,communications and infrastructure are destroyed and laid waste.

Thanks for that info, didn’t realise it was so old.At least we nicked off a blue army.

I can't ever remember us not singing it.

Surely would go back to the 60's team ?

City fans on a brilliant sunny day in Lisbon, "I want to stay here, I want to stay here, Manchester's a shot hole, I want to stay here." Bags of cheap booze there of course!

First fans I remember singing to this tune were Fulham when they played at Loftus Road, who sang “I wanna go home, I wanna go home, take us back to the Cottage, I wanna go home”.

Then the Rags who sang “we pay for your home, we pay for your home, what a waste of council tax, we pay for your home” at us. Funny ****s
They pay Trafford Council

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.