This girl who died on a speedboat and the lad who ran off to Georgia......

GX Blue

I have been reading about it this morning.

I just wondered what peoples thoughts were on it as this lad has been painted in a very bad light.

To me it just seems like a tragic horrible accident.
The papers though seem to have got hold of this though and made the lad out to be a murderer.

I get you cant run off and not face the consequences, so for that he should be held accountable.

However:

*He wasn't driving it when it crashed, she was.
*They had both had a drink not just him. She was over the limit and decided to drive the boat and crashed it.
*The police didn't even want to charge him at first. They thought it was just an unfortunate accident.
*Her dad works in the prison system and used his powers to get a meeting with the Home Secretary and thus charges were brought against him.
*Father rang him saying he would make sure he got sent down and prison would be terrible for him.

No wonder he fucked off to Georgia.

If I took a girl out and she crashed my boat as she had a few drinks surely that's her fault and not mine?

Anyway, people love a witch hunt. Or maybe people think he should be charged with manslaughter??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...king-speedboat-killer-finally-surrenders.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46984333

*Her dad works in the prison system and used his powers to get a meeting with the Home Secretary and thus charges were brought against him.
*Father rang him saying he would make sure he got sent down and prison would be terrible for him.

These are concerning, if they are true. I honestly can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing and run away if I thought I was getting stitched up.

EDIT: After reading up on it further, I wasn't aware it was his own boat and not seaworthy - for some reason I thought it was hired. Also no proof the girl was steering other than his words. Her father's actions are totally understandable.

The guy should get what's coming to him and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: mat
I believe the evidence showed that the speedboat was totally unsafe and should never have been in the water never mind being used. On that basis the prosecution stated he should not have taken anyone out (at night) Further the speed of the boat was excessive and no matter who was 'driving' he was in charge and responsible. Oh and he was high on drink and drugs,
If he felt he was innocent he should have stayed for the trial and argued his case. To me his interview and staged managed arrest showed him to be an arrogant prick...….. but I may be wrong.

I believe the evidence showed that the speedboat was totally unsafe and should never have been in the water never mind being used. On that basis the prosecution stated he should not have taken anyone out (at night) Further the speed of the boat was excessive and no matter who was 'driving' he was in charge and responsible. Oh and he was high on drink and drugs,
If he felt he was innocent he should have stayed for the trial and argued his case. To me his interview and staged managed arrest showed him to be an arrogant prick...….. but I may be wrong.
No, you are right, he is a very arrogant individual. Taking the speedboat out after dark, ignoring the speed limit and handing the controls to the girl were reckless acts even if he wasn't intoxicated. He is responsible for the girl's death and deserves to do time for it.

They should add 10 years to his sentence for being a fucking coward and running from his responsibilities and putting his victims family through the wringer.

Reactions: mat

Interesting. If that's the way you see it, fair enough. You'll prob be in the majority to be honest.

You say high on drink and drugs - He's admitted they both had had a drink but he wasn't tested. He told the police that. She was, and was only slightly over. As for the drugs, if you have a line or 2, doesn't mean you are out of your head like the papers will say.

As for boat being totally unsafe, do you not think that's maybe been exaggerated? It was a branch that made them crash, not really the boat being a wreck? The boat didn't break down or cause the crash?

They should add 10 years to his sentence for being a fucking coward and running from his responsibilities and putting his victims family through the wringer.

Ha mate, i've seen you slating Mahrez in the 'Mahrez is unhappy' thread. You were one of the first on that topic too even though Mahrez has never said anything, just one article by someone saying this, no one else.

You love a sensationalised headline and jumping on the band wagon. ;-)

Take your time and look into things more than believing every headline you read.

Ha mate, i've seen you slating Mahrez in the 'Mahrez is unhappy' thread. You were one of the first on that topic too even though Mahrez has never said anything, just one article by someone saying this, no one else.

You love a sensationalised headline and jumping on the band wagon. ;-)

Take your time and look into things more than believing every headline you read.

Thanks for sharing that with everyone on the a thread totally unrelated pmsl.

Back on topic.

He has been found guilty in his absence and he has absconded to escape justice.

Im sure the judge will have that in mind when he deals with him in the near future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.