This group of players-better than the 2012 and 2014 vintage?

feedmpenzaandhewillscore

Front of the kippax chomping on a wagon wheel
Its early days yet and a lot of football is still to be played until May. However what we are seeing unfolding in the pitch at the moment is some amazing football and application from the players.

When City started the season in 2011/12 I thought we would never see football better than it. Destroying Spurs and United away from home, when the turn of the year came we got figured out, the opposition would play in two banks and we couldn't get round them.

2014 was like Pellegrini took the handbrake off and let the players express themselves. Yaya was a colossus weighing in with the goals that season and even Match of the Day were hailing us as the best in the world.

I see us now playing out from the back and it doesn't give the opposition a choice but to come and get the ball. A couple of passes and we are on the attack, there is so much extra room to play into. The extra miles the team is covering in a game is paying off. Gudonghan looked some player last night and that was his first game in a long time, Sane looks like he is getting up to speed, we have still got the best kid from Brazil to rock up in December will he get a game?

So then what's your thoughts potentially better than 2012 and 2014?

Potentially better. We've had some very good league starts; Thing for me is seeing how Pep can stretch this over a whole season with 4 competitions to play in. We're no stranger to going missing after Christmas and making it very hard for ourselves, so seeing if we can overcome that is still the big question for me.

Plus for however you value the quality of football, those sides won the league. So that's going to have to be a minimum (unless they manage to win the CL!).

When we were on the finishing straight in 2014, we were simply unstoppable, the triangle between Merlin, Yaya and Nasri was a thing of beauty and we were relentless in wearing teams down. The Villa game in the rain was one of the few times in a really high pressure game that I wasn't concerned in the slightest, as I knew that fantastic team would score sooner of later.

I thought that was as good as it would get but watching this team and looking at how quickly we have gone from an ageing team into a squad full of youthful, hard working, highly talented players, managed by a genius, makes me believe we ain't seen nothing yet.

Certainly better than 2014. I think by the end of this season we are likely to say this is our best team ever. What amazes me is our performances have been this good and in most cases there have only been 2 of the new signings playing, so essentially pep has got players who pellegrini took backwards looking like completely different footballers. Kolorov, Sterling, Otamendi, Zaba even Silva to a degree look reborn.

The squad may be a little deeper but there would be a debate wether it's better. The difference today is that we have the best coach in world football. Bar none. That's the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.