This group of players-better than the 2012 and 2014 vintage?

Potentially, yes. We've seen some fantastic stuff over the last four years but too sporadic.

Early days under Pep but the signs are that he's embedding a new mentality. Exciting times.

For me, the key differences are, work rate, and the ability to play together as a team, with this current set of players, it seems if we miss one player, another will slot into that role almost seamlessly.

In the past, we've had to rely on individual brilliance too often, if we missed one of our big players then it was almost like missing a vital cog in the machine.

At the moment yes, this is the best team City team I've ever seen (since I've been watching them from 1978).

BUT, in both our recent league title years, we've always started well and then badly faltered between December and February, so I'm not getting carried away just yet.

Also, I worry that the high tempo and commitment required from all of our players could lead to a run of injured players being out so it will be interesting to see how Pep adjusts the team and copes with this.

Yes 100% for me but............

......... So are most other teams in the Premier league.
This is very true. The depth of the league at many of the clubs, not just the top ones, is staggering. The difference even between now and 5 seasons ago is quite substantial. With that being said, this looks like the highest quality City side to me in terms of talent. Obviously we have less fire power in terms of strikers so there's a little less glamour in that regard, but everything else is a noticeable step up and our forwards are now far more versatile.

At the moment yes, this is the best team City team I've ever seen (since I've been watching them from 1978).

BUT, in both our recent league title years, we've always started well and then badly faltered between December and February, so I'm not getting carried away just yet.

Also, I worry that the high tempo and commitment required from all of our players could lead to a run of injured players being out so it will be interesting to see how Pep adjusts the team and copes with this.
Based on the start to the season - we are better as a whole (that includes the manager obviously)
I agree this is the best City side I've seen so far (1976 is my starting point).
Injury wise - I'll base my view on the handling of Kompany, they won't be forced back. So unless fully fit they won't play - bases on squad we should be ok

Too early to say if it's a better team but what I will say is that I don't think I've ever seen a city team play better for 90 minutes than we did on Wednesday

Also, Pep won't allow these players to get lazy or complacent and if teams do figure us out you can see Pep simply coming up with another way of playing to baffle them again

Better manager. It's that simple for me and I fucking loved Mancini. He's got to win silverware obviously but I'm certain that will come.

The fact that Pellegrini and Mancini weren't elite managers is the big difference imo . Pep will take us that next level.

As long as Kolarov keeps his form I don't really see many weaknesses in this squad apart from our main goal source is very injury prone. The two title winning squads were brilliant but had major deficiencies which was shown all to clearly in Europe. Still early days yet though and we had a similar start last season but so far future looks very bright. I think we have four away games in a row after Saturday so that will really show how far the side has come on as well the upcoming games against Barce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.