"This is as good as it gets" - Redknapp

Spurs fan in peace said:
Sugarloaf said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
I dont think he's looking for a way out, it's just that's it's his first big job and he doesnt want it to be seen as a failure, and it's not to be fair, what frustrates normal Spurs fans is that you'd never hear Fergie, Wenger, or hell even Beneitz reminding fans of all his success.

the "we're not sure about the EL is embarrassing too, I'd love to win it, and dont feel we're too good for it, so yeah that kinda stuff pisses us off BUT we cant forget what he did for us, defying the odds to get us CL football and doing so well in it, like you we'd become accustomed to not being successful and jealous of our noisy neighbors.

Under harry we've won at Anfield and at Arsenal we hadnt won at either since 1993!
in face bar United we've beaten every team in the PL under Harry, in his 3 years here we've only lost 5 games at the lane, only 1 this season, we owe him alot so we're conflicted

How much do you want for Modric?

how much do you want for Kompany?

How about a straight swap with Berbatov and Carrick?

Bilboblue said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
Bilboblue said:
watched him in two or three games.
did not mean to sound arrogant in any way shape or form, I was there at Macclesfield, Lincoln, Wycombe Wanderers, York City back in the dark days and that is not my style at all pal.

You were a breath of fresh air in the Champions League this season, enjoyed a couple of your games, but if you wanna get there again, you will have to spend some serious cash and will Levy authorise that?

Sounds to me as though Harry is opening up a way out of the club, it's inexcusable cunting the fans off IMO.

I dont think he's looking for a way out, it's just that's it's his first big job and he doesnt want it to be seen as a failure, and it's not to be fair, what frustrates normal Spurs fans is that you'd never hear Fergie, Wenger, or hell even Beneitz reminding fans of all his success.

the "we're not sure about the EL is embarrassing too, I'd love to win it, and dont feel we're too good for it, so yeah that kinda stuff pisses us off BUT we cant forget what he did for us, defying the odds to get us CL football and doing so well in it, like you we'd become accustomed to not being successful and jealous of our noisy neighbors.

Under harry we've won at Anfield and at Arsenal we hadnt won at either since 1993!
in face bar United we've beaten every team in the PL under Harry, in his 3 years here we've only lost 5 games at the lane, only 1 this season, we owe him alot so we're conflicted

I was at the lane last season when you got beat by Stoke, played well but couldn't score, very unlucky.

Personally I think Redknapp is a very good manager and he will be Englands next boss, BUT, there is, undoubtedly huge baggage with him.

His tactics this season in the league have been poor, three very decent strikers in your team and they scored around the same for you as Yaya has for us, a midfielder (defensive one if you believe the papers) !

There are probably three players in your squad I would take, Modric, (tho I still think Silva is better) Bale, and VdV.

In all seriousness, how many of our players would YOU take?

I dont really think Modric and Silva are comparable,

if we could take anyone we wanted from City, hmm a fair few, Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Tevez, Ballotelli,

you may wonder why I didnt say NJD or Toure who I do rate, but midfield is the one area where we're actually good, and have a good balance of players and talent, sure Niko Kranjcar cant even make the team.

I gotta disagree about the Spurs strikers being good, they're simply not I'm afraid, at one point Keane was but no more same with JD

Crouch is genuinely an average/poor player, if you're that tall at least win the fucking headers you stupid tree! when we played United at the lane this year it ended 0-0 Crouch competed for about 22 headers with Vidic and won ONE of them! ONE!

Pavlyuchenko-if you only watched highlights you'd think "hey, this lovable Ruskiee is a good finisher"!-wrong! he scores one chance in ten, he has no touch or control and a poor footballing brain! we create a million chances ever game but he cant put them home! I know you guys slag us off for not being as "free flowing" as is written but truthfully we are, we just cant score! and that is the strikers fault!

actually if we could only get one player off City it'd ironically be a player who you dont want and who wouldnt mind coming Adebayor! but it wont happen<br /><br />-- Mon May 23, 2011 1:13 am --<br /><br />
Bilboblue said:
SFIP sugarloaf is a red

ah I should have sensed the arrogance in the tone!

Spurs fan in peace said:
Bilboblue said:
Spurs fan in peace said:

I was at the lane last season when you got beat by Stoke, played well but couldn't score, very unlucky.

Personally I think Redknapp is a very good manager and he will be Englands next boss, BUT, there is, undoubtedly huge baggage with him.

His tactics this season in the league have been poor, three very decent strikers in your team and they scored around the same for you as Yaya has for us, a midfielder (defensive one if you believe the papers) !

There are probably three players in your squad I would take, Modric, (tho I still think Silva is better) Bale, and VdV.

In all seriousness, how many of our players would YOU take?

I dont really think Modric and Silva are comparable,

if we could take anyone we wanted from City, hmm a fair few, Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Tevez, Ballotelli,

you may wonder why I didnt say NJD or Toure who I do rate, but midfield is the one area where we're actually good, and have a good balance of players and talent, sure Niko Kranjcar cant even make the team.

I gotta disagree about the Spurs strikers being good, they're simply not I'm afraid, at one point Keane was but no more same with JD

Crouch is genuinely an average/poor player, if you're that tall at least win the fucking headers you stupid tree! when we played United at the lane this year it ended 0-0 Crouch competed for about 22 headers with Vidic and won ONE of them! ONE!

Pavlyuchenko-if you only watched highlights you'd think "hey, this lovable Ruskiee is a good finisher"!-wrong! he scores one chance in ten, he has no touch or control and a poor footballing brain! we create a million chances ever game but he cant put them home! I know you guys slag us off for not being as "free flowing" as is written but truthfully we are, we just cant score! and that is the strikers fault!

actually if we could only get one player off City it'd ironically be a player who you dont want and who wouldnt mind coming Adebayor! but it wont happen

-- Mon May 23, 2011 1:13 am --

Bilboblue said:
SFIP sugarloaf is a red

What? Maybe you missed my earlier post? I'm also a Manc, so don't start with the Surrey nonsence. I think Harry would love to do a deal on Berbatov.

Castiel said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
I thought he was a Spud in another thread! :D

I've got alot of time for them, going back to the days of Hoddle and Waddle. I remember they tore us apart at OT in the late 80's. Lineker scored a hatrick I think. I've always respected them. And they hate Arsenal too!

Who are you hoping to get as your next manager? I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a reconciliation with the Special One.

why do you think Adebayor wouldn't happen?
He wouldn't mind coming to you, very good striker, and the money you would get for the players (strikers) you have would pay for him.

I think spuds have some very good players but not enough cohesion, for instance I don't get the love-in about Huddlestone, decent player, but am I missing something?

IMO Kranjcar is a very good player, a steal at the £2m you paid.

Why don't you think Modric and Silva are comparable? Play similar positions don't they?

Bilboblue said:
why do you think Adebayor wouldn't happen?
He wouldn't mind coming to you, very good striker, and the money you would get for the players (strikers) you have would pay for him.

I think spuds have some very good players but not enough cohesion, for instance I don't get the love-in about Huddlestone, decent player, but am I missing something?

IMO Kranjcar is a very good player, a steal at the £2m you paid.

Why don't you think Modric and Silva are comparable? Play similar positions don't they?

I think Harry was saying Ade's on 180K wages our cap is 80K,

I'm a huge Huddlestone fan, it's a ridiculous cliche but tre of Thudd, when Spurs are playing well Tommy's playing well, his range of passing is sublime and he's got a rocket of a shot on him.

Luka's a central midfielder an Silvas a winger, they could easily play in the same team, I dint think they're carbon copies of each other<br /><br />-- Mon May 23, 2011 1:34 am --<br /><br />
Sugarloaf said:
Castiel said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
I thought he was a Spud in another thread! :D

I've got alot of time for them, going back to the days of Hoddle and Waddle. I remember they tore us apart at OT in the late 80's. Lineker scored a hatrick I think. I've always respected them. And they hate Arsenal too!

Who are you hoping to get as your next manager? I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a reconciliation with the Special One.

Mourinho's the dream but too unrealistic,

I want Moyes

Sugarloaf said:

You're like a football chameleon!

Personally Andre Villas-Boas with Hiddink in higher administration. He clearly doesn't want to manage full time any more at his age.

Mourinho is unlikely to come back to the Bridge, and he wont leave Madrid without winning the league and the CL with them unless they sack him. Then I suspect he'll go to either side of Manchester to win the CL with an English club and go into international football for the world cup. Then he's officially done everything which is his long term goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.