This Is How It Feels To Be City...

F* it. Woke up with this tune in my head, and it won't go away. Even worse, it's with their words, not ours. Can't we just reserve it for when we're playing them, or find our own little catchy number?! I rarely watch the rags, mainly because I try to keep myself away from all things evil, but also because I end up with their songs in my head. And then I get mad and pull the tails off mice and smash glass bottles over courting couples at picnic sites. Then again, I write as someone who still 'hears' Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, every time the German national anthem is played. Music is a powerful tool. And once you put words to music, those words tend to stick. I've tried a few rounds of Oh, Balotelli and City, we're on the piss again, but the damned thing's there, lurking in the darkness. Aargh!! Help required!

Its a good song, doesnt use the same old 'i wanna go home' tune or any other tunes that are common at every game.

Clever lyrics, catchy tune, easy to remember. But the best bit is the comparison between aguero and jones; its meant to be a ridiculous comparison - on the one hand you have an argentinian striker with an exotic sounding name. Then intheother hand, you have a bloke from yorkshire called phil. Its purely a dig at the rags and their lack of big name signings, the media and the english player hype machine

another generation said:
F* it. Woke up with this tune in my head, and it won't go away. Even worse, it's with their words, not ours. Can't we just reserve it for when we're playing them, or find our own little catchy number?! I rarely watch the rags, mainly because I try to keep myself away from all things evil, but also because I end up with their songs in my head. And then I get mad and pull the tails off mice and smash glass bottles over courting couples at picnic sites. Then again, I write as someone who still 'hears' Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, every time the German national anthem is played. Music is a powerful tool. And once you put words to music, those words tend to stick. I've tried a few rounds of Oh, Balotelli and City, we're on the piss again, but the damned thing's there, lurking in the darkness. Aargh!! Help required!
it's like the my old man song, that goes around my head constantly, but the fact that it was actually sang by city fans and wrote by a city fan in a city version in the sixties still goes in my head daily,

Wolves keep clean sheet, 1st in 31 games, the week before they play City. Thats how it feels to be City, typical city lol

mansour's tow ropes said:
Its a good song, doesnt use the same old 'i wanna go home' tune or any other tunes that are common at every game.

Clever lyrics, catchy tune, easy to remember. But the best bit is the comparison between aguero and jones; its meant to be a ridiculous comparison - on the one hand you have an argentinian striker with an exotic sounding name. Then intheother hand, you have a bloke from yorkshire called phil. Its purely a dig at the rags and their lack of big name signings, the media and the english player hype machine

Anyone who doesn't understand this song should read this post.

whothefisAlice said:
Sorry but I don't know why everyone bums this song so much. Phil Jones is not a marquee striker signing, so comparing Aguero with 'Phil Edwards Jones' is like comparing a pitbull with a chihuahua.

Bebe, Obertan, Owen even...

The song doesn't rhyme either.

Waiting for the backlash...........

In saying this you demonstrate a failure to understand the significance of this song. The united version has been used, more than any other, to try an humiliate and mock our club and its supporters.

Some clever bastard has come up with a form words that throw those sneers back in their faces. The reason that Phil Jones works better than any other player is precisely because he is feted by the press and the united hierarchy as much as he is, possibly even more than Aguero. To pick someone like Owen, Bebe or Obertan wouldn't serve to ridicule them quite as much because they'd probably agree with you.

This song is such a powerful weapon because it mocks someone they rate, and it does it with justification. I always thought the "stick your fucking treble up your arse" song was a bit pathetic myself - it was defiant but ultimately any of us would have loved to see City perform that feat, but would any blue even consider for a second swapping Jones for Aguero?

That shows how far we have come as a club in 13 years.

manimanc said:
Halfpenny said:
Only got home an hour ago. Best away trip I've ever been on, top day.
i thought our away support was absolutely brilliant,even the woman holding the baby did her bit,we could hear you loud and clear for the whole match,i salute you all...:)

Saw her on TV and I came close to ringing social care! How dare she bring a baby to a game to watch tits and not face it so it could see all 6 cracking goals.

Have now read to the end of the thread and for some reason the comparison still needs explaining.

For the season 2011/12, United signed Phil Jones, we signed Kun Aguero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Agüero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jones_(footballer)

Now you can read both Wiki links and find out which player has the higher profile, or you can remind yourself that one is shagging Maradona's daughter and the other is from Preston and thus shagging a relative.

End of?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.