THIS is how it feels to be City

It's been 5 years today since my old man died and so it has been a bit emotional, but this just tipped me over the edge.

He let me choose my own team as lad and I remember deciding as 7 year old that I wanted to be a City fan. Only later did I find out that he had a season ticket for a couple seasons around 57-58. I started going when I was 14 and as my user name suggests my first game was Palace at home in 1984 and after Charlton at the end of that season I got my first season ticket and have just carried on that unbroken sequence today. He used to listen to me moan when I got home from games if we had been beaten, which happened regularly, and ask me all about it when we had won.

I'm now a Dad and sorry sons you will not get a choice. They are both loving being blues anyway, but boy do they not realise how lucky they are!

Excuse my rambling but the emotions of the day and what has gone on this week just bubbled up as the bloke at the end just reminded me of the man who let me make my own mind up but was definitely pleased I chose blue!

THIS IS how it feels to be CITY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.