This is what real mentality monsters do

BringBackSwales

After the defeat at Villa we looked down and out for the Premier Leagur total. 2 standout issues for me since then -

1. In the league and fa cup we have played 12 away games, of which we have won 11 and drawn 1, scored 33 and conceded 9

2. Rodri was getting booked regularly and we all expected him to be getting a 2 match ban - in his last 17 premier league games he has got ONE yellow card. For a player who plays where he does, and does what he does, that is incredible

This team is a wonderful machine, Rodri is the oil that makes it function at its best

That's what you get if you put the personality of a player on top of your scouting list.

We want smart, confident, hard working down to earth characters who never give up and fight WITH THE TEAM til the end. Every day.

Go through our squad and you'll find many of those.

We also know who is not really a good fit and he was and will be moved, rightly so. It's not harsh, it's quality management.

All those 'non brainer' signings in the transfer thread over the years didn't come to City because they simply didn't have the personality we are looking for, although they could kick a ball now and then.

I think this philosophy is the true power behind our success.

After the defeat at Villa we looked down and out for the Premier Leagur total. 2 standout issues for me since then -

1. In the league and fa cup we have played 12 away games, of which we have won 11 and drawn 1, scored 33 and conceded 9

2. Rodri was getting booked regularly and we all expected him to be getting a 2 match ban - in his last 17 premier league games he has got ONE yellow card. For a player who plays where he does, and does what he does, that is incredible

This team is a wonderful machine, Rodri is the oil that makes it function at its best
He can go a full game without making a tackle these days. Mostly intercepts the ball.

That's what you get if you put the personality of a player on top of your scouting list.

We want smart, confident, hard working down to earth characters who never give up and fight WITH THE TEAM til the end. Every day.

Go through our squad and you'll find many of those.

We also know who is not really a good fit and he was and will be moved, rightly so. It's not harsh, it's quality management.

All those 'non brainer' signings in the transfer thread over the years didn't come to City because they simply didn't have the personality we are looking for, although they could kick a ball now and then.

I think this philosophy is the true power behind our success.
Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.