This self loathing attitude for some regarding England

levets said:
M24-CRC said:
Dont forget our infamous trip to Euro 2000 levets.............or has it been erased from your memory after the 3 days spent in Amsterdam !!! LOL

LOL... fucking hell... How did I forget that?????????? Those 3 days in Amsterdam, worst three days of my life....

" I cant stand up........!!! "

" The turks are gonna attack the hotel "

good trip that pal..........

Godot said:
.....internationals. Why has it become so controversial to be patriotic if you're English?

I don't hate Rooney, in fact if I was in charge at City he would be the number one target for me in the world, he's fuckin mint (and I'm not ashamed to say that!)! I don't hate Gerrard, he's been one of the best players in England over the last 10 years!

The English players are the only players I'm not arsed about from other Prem teams, mainly it's Fergie and the fans I hate from United (and they hate England more than anyone which makes me wanna support England more - and Rooney has a tattoo of the St Georges cross and plays with even more passion for England than he does for United which them Rags don't like at all! plus 99.9% of the 500million worldwide Rag fans aren't English anyway!)

And Im not fuckin arsed about Terry! it's a big 'so fuckin what' from me about the whole thing!

It doesn't bother me that England fans may be United fans (I've got United mates and 2 United uncles!) as well or whoever elses fans, because from what I read on this site about 1/3 of all City fans are total wankers as well! that won't stop me supporting City!!

I'm English and I love football therefore I support England! I'm not gonna let jealousy of players from better teams than ours get in the way of my support for England! I support England in everything, rugby league and GB in rugby league, union, I support GB in athletics (even if it is Welsh and Scottish athletes!) etc etc

I support City more and they will always come first! but I feel I can support England as well without this pathetic bitterness and arrogance that sweeps across all top 8 clubs fans!

de niro said:
england are my second team, after city i always want england to win. england is my country.

Same here.

I cannot understand how you can not support your country. It's just instinctive to do so.

My love for City dwarfs any feelings I have for England, but I still want them to win and get excited during the tournaments.

My brother in law is English through and through and supports Forest. Yet he supports Scotland because his Dad (my father in law) was born in Scotland. His Dad doesn't even talk Scottish, he moved here when he has about 8. My brother in law even hates England and laughs at their cockups.

How can anyone not support their own country?

Lots of people are too ashamed to be patriotic in view of what our country is doing in the middle east, maybe we'd be better incorporating the stars and stripes into our own flag.

As said before, I love my team but I'm proud of my country and will always support England.

International football is supposed to be the pinacle of the game, OK the Champions League has stolen some of the thunder and the conflict between the big clubs and national teams has spoiled things recently, especially when it comes to friendly games, but every player growning up dreams of playing for their national team and representing their country. I don't care what club they play for, then they pull on the England shirt then they are representing my country and they get my support.

If they don't, then they don't deserve to play. It shouldn't be about serving your interests or sponsorship or individual profile or what bonus you get, and as before, a minority of players have ruined the image of the international game for the above reasons for the rest of the squad who do give a toss. To see players crying on the pitch shows how much they care.

I agree though the whole nationalism thing can be taken too far. I lived in Scotland for a good few years so can see things from a different poit of view, the media get far too would up about things, and the smaller nations get neglected. That's where their passion for the game comes from, both fans and players, because they have a point to prove. It's taken much more seriously as a result, and every big victory is celebrated because it matters. Their hated of England comes from our arrogance, and that we have a divine right to something, and that's what we have to change.

Football is the beautiful game, but a game none the less. People take it too seriously, like it's a matter of life and death, and should lighten up. The football factory/green street/BNP generation can clear off for all I care. Those who won't cheer a certain player because he playes for another club need to grow up. Don't associate your bigotry to the game. It's this that spoils our reputation.

England have a chance of winning tournaments, as do about 8 other teams. Once you get to that quarter final stage you need a lot of things to go right for you. You need to play well as a team, your form players need to be on fire, you need a settled team no key players injured or suspended, and maybe a bit of luck/magic/refereeing descicions when it comes to the key moments in the game. People will say that if we lose in a quarter final we've failed, looking at the other teams I think the last 8 is about par for the course. The ignorance that we should win because we have the best players and that anything else is a failiure is what holds us back

M24-CRC said:
levets said:
LOL... fucking hell... How did I forget that?????????? Those 3 days in Amsterdam, worst three days of my life....

I went to the Dam for that tournament too. Was there the weekend we played Germany and won. Plan was to get the train out (wasnt it in Belgium?) and try to gib in or tout a ticket.

We never even left Amsterdam in the end. Loads of others the same.

Didsbury Dave said:
M24-CRC said:

I went to the Dam for that tournament too. Was there the weekend we played Germany and won. Plan was to get the train out (wasnt it in Belgium?) and try to gib in or tout a ticket.

We never even left Amsterdam in the end. Loads of others the same.

Was there the weekend we played Germany and won.
=======================================
Think we went back to brussells on the late train with about 500 mad fuckers on it... The police made us get off at the south station and walk through the turkish quarter... madness! Stayed in Grand Platz and then went to Amsterdam next morning... came back to charleroi for the Romania game.

For some bizarre reason I started doing Es on the afternoon of the Germany game and decided to watch it in something called the Sky Sports bar. It was an evening game.

Don't know what I was thinking to be honest, I was hugging all the other England fans and jumping around on the tables.

I've never sung the national anthem so loud.

A bit embarrassing to go all the way out for a game and not even get to the same country...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.