This supposed new striker we're going to buy

EaglesFan said:
richards30 said:
EaglesFan said:
Mark the following words, football managers:

Unless we lose TWO of our current strikers (i.e. Tevez and Dzeko) - you will NOT see another world-class striker on this team.

With current 4 it would be fucking ludacris, and even if 3 remain - your addition will be either Guidetti or some mid-range striker who is willing to "take turns" when one of the three ahead of him are out for some reason.

See me come the end of transfer window so I can rub some "told you so" in your face.
i`ll take you up on that mate.

Deal! :-)

would be shocked as of now if rvp is not a city player this summer. all agreed with him and agent and talks under way with the arse.

A player like Demba Ba would be a worth inclusion.. If we can buy strikers and even if the sit on the bench they wont be scoring goals against us so could be money well spent. If Ba went to a team like Chelsea or Mun United it could be all they need to take the title home next year.

Have to disagree about Ba. Despite the title coming down to goal difference, Utd aren't one striker worse than us, they're way behind in terms of player quality. Demba Ba certainly isn't good enough to turn any team into champions. Messi or Ronaldo, yes. But not Ba. And I wouldn't want us to sign him either. He's average.

If we're going to buy a striker he has to be better than what we already have, and there aren't many around! Who's better than Aguero? No-one in his position, in my opinion. Or Tevez? Only 2 or 3 who may be realistically available, one being van Persie.

Feverpitch said:
A player like Demba Ba would be a worth inclusion.. If we can buy strikers and even if the sit on the bench they wont be scoring goals against us so could be money well spent. If Ba went to a team like Chelsea or Mun United it could be all they need to take the title home next year.

A very average striker who had a good run for part of last season. Finished poorly and is injury prone. His knee can blow up at anytime so no thanks.

ranxerox said:
Feverpitch said:

A very average striker who had a good run for part of last season. Finished poorly and is injury prone. His knee can blow up at anytime so no thanks.

Its hard to judge the back half of the season for him as he didn't play as a striker once Cisse came in for Newcastle.. Still believe he is cheap for 7mil and with a busy schedule next season could be worth having in the squad.. Although like you said hes knee could give way.. If we did sign him i wouldn't be disappointment with the decision as we wouldn't of paid bucket loads for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.