This Weekends other Games

BigOscar said:
Seriously, how many times has the phrase "the United way" been used in the last 15 minutes? Every other sentence, mainly as they don't seem to be able to actual describe what "the United way" is, so they just repeat the phrase without explaination. Cringe worthy propaganda stuff
Was led to believe that "the united way" is attacking football which frankly up until around 2002ish its was but for the past 12 years its been counter attacking football so for half the time Ferguson was in charge they played attacking football and that apparently is the "united way" apart from it hasn't been since I was a teenager

Re: United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Part of me wants giggs to win the last 4 games, creating the illusion of the new team working and putting pressure on them to give him the job.

They now have a team of 4 ex-players running the club with only one template of how to run the club. And they have the 'manager' available to dispense advice on what the 'united way' means. What can possibly go wrong? Hopefully he'll be just as successful as the Busby babes were when they became managers but only after he's given the warchest to buy Beckham, Tevez and anyone else who used to play for them.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Uptopbob said:
Yorke is a right twat

He's just a glory hunter anyway. Played for Villa for 10 years, rags for 4 and yet he seems to have forgotten the Villa days.

He is a stupid, shallow idiot.

"Class of 92, class of 92, Class of 92"

Get a grip, Sky, you stupid dicks.

supercrystal7 said:
SebastianBlue said:
supercrystal7 said:
It's all a matter of opinions, but Bayern's record against top sides has not been good this year. They are so good and Dortmund had so many problems they could have won the league with Ribery in goal. Pep was given the best team possibly ever and has not done much. He has fiddled with the tactics and made them weaker. Bayern were complete already.

Bayern are not Barca and not built for Tika-taka. Players like Muller, Gotze, Mandzukic, Ribery, Schweinsteiger and (RB)Lahm need to play a faster more direct game.

Müller, Götze, Javi Martinez, Alaba, Thiago, and Scweinsteiger are absolutely players that can play possession football, but can also play more directly (which I indicated in my earlier post). And despite this being a transition year they dominated their league, could very well go on to the CL Final, and will likely win the DFB-Pokal. As you said, it is a matter of opinion—I don't think we'll change each others at this rate, though.
As you said we are unlikely to change each others minds, but I will clarify one important thing. I said those players were not made for Tika-taka. Tika-taka is a form of possession football, Bayern last year mostly played a possession game but it was more direct. City play a possession game and it;s not Tika-taka.

Which is why I indicated a system of possession, passing-based creation, rather than "Tika-Taka" but you responded in seeming opposition to my assertion. I'm not sure in what way you believe Pep has weekend them, at this point, as he has not attempted to instill Tika-Taka. He has attempted to create a more robust version of the previous system, which means excluding some elements in favour of directness and strength (something he could not really do at Barça, as the team is understandably built around Messi). I think in the long term this will be a very successful hybrid and nothing about this season reflects Bayern as "weak".

But, no matter, we have bigger fish to watch fry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.