This weekends other Prem Games 18-19 Jan 20

Vienna_70 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Vienna_70 said:
Your point 1. Was ambiguous at best.

You said, "was watching the game", which in most people's eyes the game was in progress. You didn't say, "was watching before the teams were announced.
I also talk about how Mourinho made the right and obvious decision to play Cesar at left back. Talking about how they have a bit more control. Looking at one line may have been ambiguous, but not when you look at the entire post.

Nowhere in your original post did you mention Cesar.

I read it through a couple of times and I was still confused.
Yes I didn't mention Cesar, because technically Ivanovic started instead of Cole, which I did mention.

Mourinho made the call to not start Cole and I think it was the right and obvious decision. I do think they lack a bit of control going forward without Cole, but he is so poor one on one. Hernandez came on and scored as usual.

My original statement.

The I later add

Starting Ivanovic instead of Cole was an obvious choice, which most people would have made.

Ignoring the grammar mistake I made with of instead of using over then things are pretty clear. Cesar and Cole are both short, but one is mixed race and the other white. Hardly going to confuse the two.

Re: United thread 2013/14

Der Bomber said:
law74 said:
heard a rumour about ten minutes ago that RVP is fit, but the rags have an offer of 40 million euro and RVP refuses to play, not sure how legit it is but.....

I've heard chatter that he has been seen at some resort skiing within the past few weeks or so. Probably a load of bollocks, but still....

Other rumour doing the rounds - he decked Phil Neville in training.........anyone else heard this one? If he went in this transfer window I'd never stop laughing

Anyone not think he is just using the rags to get fit for the world cup. If they lose the semi against Sunderland & they are not going to win the CL so effectively their season is over, no medals. Jump ship or use them so that I can give my all to Holland in WC and win a medal there.

Vienna_70 said:
supercrystal7 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Really???? That Ashley Cole that was on the bench all game? mmmm
Did you even read my post? Clearly we were talking about before the game and the lineups were released. Valencia has been been average this season and only has one trick, but Cole has been beaten by pretty much every full back of winger he has been up against this year. With United's tactics being pretty much pass the ball to Valencia and hope he puts a good cross in so often then Chelsea fans were understandably a bit worried.

Your point 1. Was ambiguous at best.

You said, "was watching the game", which in most people's eyes the game was in progress. You didn't say, "was watching before the teams were announced.

supercrystal7 said:
Chelsea won this match pretty easily and did not even play well. Apart from the obvious Etoo hat trick Willian played very well.

Was watching the game with a couple of Chelsea fans and there were two things they were worried about
1. Ashley Cole being destroyed by Valencia
2. Hernandez scoring against them.

Mourinho made the call to not start Cole and I think it was the right and obvious decision. I do think they lack a bit of control going forward without Cole, but he is so poor one on one. Hernandez came on and scored as usual.

One big surprise was Etoo scoring. I thought Torres should have started, but that's what makes Mourinho one of the best. Starting Ivanovic instead of Cole was an obvious choice, which most people would have made. Starting Etoo not so much and in the end Etoo got a hatrick.

I would have given a yellow for Vidic's tackle, but I am quite lenient. However, if the red gives you a red you cannot argue, because it's a bad tackle and it's really one of those red card challenges that you get let off. Rafael's tackle was a red card all day.
Well your post made sense to me at least. I don't know why that little prick Hernandez always manages to score against us. Didn't matter this time though!

Castiel said:
supercrystal7 said:
Chelsea won this match pretty easily and did not even play well. Apart from the obvious Etoo hat trick Willian played very well.

Was watching the game with a couple of Chelsea fans and there were two things they were worried about

One big surprise was Etoo scoring. I thought Torres should have started, but that's what makes Mourinho one of the best. Starting Ivanovic instead of Cole was an obvious choice, which most people would have made. Starting Etoo not so much and in the end Etoo got a hatrick.

I would have given a yellow for Vidic's tackle, but I am quite lenient. However, if the red gives you a red you cannot argue, because it's a bad tackle and it's really one of those red card challenges that you get let off. Rafael's tackle was a red card all day.
Well your post made sense to me at least. I don't know why that little prick Hernandez always manages to score against us. Didn't matter this time though!
No idea certain players just have those teams they score against. A bit like how Lampard to score against West Ham is almost a given.

supercrystal7 said:
Castiel said:
supercrystal7 said:

No idea certain players just have those teams they score against. A bit like how Lampard to score against West Ham is almost a given.

And fat Fwank has had two penalties saved by City 'keepers!

Watching Adebayor's interview and he was very angry with Dembele for not passing. I wonder if he remembers when he made the same mistake against Birmingham. That miss arguably cost Arsenal the title. If he squared that ball, Arsenal go 2-0 up and maybe don't collapse.

supercrystal7 said:
Watching Adebayor's interview and he was very angry with Dembele for not passing. I wonder if he remembers when he made the same mistake against Birmingham. That miss arguably cost Arsenal the title. If he squared that ball, Arsenal go 2-0 up and maybe don't collapse.
Adebayor came across as a toxic dressing room presence in that interview, IMO. Nine out of ten players shoot jn the position Dembele was in. Yes, Ade was wide open, but Dembele was one on one with the keeper and it wasn't a bad decision by him. Ade would definitely have shot. Don't understand why he was so worked up about it to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.