This Weekends Prem Games Discussion Thread

I know it's not a prem game, but I don't think it warrants a thread all by itself, so; does anybody else have a lack of sympathy for Ipswich? 4-1 down at Peterborough at half time, and down to 10 men as well. I remember them taking the piss when they sent us down at the end of Royle's season in the prem. Didn't they have a banner saying something like ''City, you are the weakest link. Goodbye''? Karma is a real fucker!

adrianr said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They're usually sound at the back, that goal excepted, but Hilario is Gomes x 2. In midfield they're all about work, physicality and some pace but Lampard doesn't look the player he was. Kalou, Malouda are their main attacking threats from midfield but neither have stepped up consistently.

Up front, Drogba & Anelka are getting on now and Torres hasn't shown he can do for them what he did for Liverpool as yet. They're a tired looking squad and have had no managerial stability.

And yet they'll still be up there at the end of the season. Still have Lukaku, Mata and most likely Modric to add soon, manager finding his feet. They'll be fine.
I don't doubt it but they look much less threatening than they used to.

Looking at the current table, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton & Arsenal are in the bottom six. Love to see that next May (although I'm sure we won't).

adrianr said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They're usually sound at the back, that goal excepted, but Hilario is Gomes x 2. In midfield they're all about work, physicality and some pace but Lampard doesn't look the player he was. Kalou, Malouda are their main attacking threats from midfield but neither have stepped up consistently.

Up front, Drogba & Anelka are getting on now and Torres hasn't shown he can do for them what he did for Liverpool as yet. They're a tired looking squad and have had no managerial stability.

And yet they'll still be up there at the end of the season. Still have Lukaku, Mata and most likely Modric to add soon, manager finding his feet. They'll be fine. Hope we don't sit back against them though, they're ripe for attacking just like everyone else in the league. If we spend 90 minutes defending again Ill pull my hair out.

Modric would be a huge signing for them, but im not sure Mata or especially Lukaku are ready to be saviors of a premier league-title-chasing team. Good players, mind, and will be great, but not ready to dominate this year.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm --<br /><br />Perfect time for half-time from West Brom's perspective. Chelsea were starting to dominate.

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
adrianr said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

And yet they'll still be up there at the end of the season. Still have Lukaku, Mata and most likely Modric to add soon, manager finding his feet. They'll be fine. Hope we don't sit back against them though, they're ripe for attacking just like everyone else in the league. If we spend 90 minutes defending again Ill pull my hair out.

Modric would be a huge signing for them, but im not sure Mata or especially Lukaku are ready to be saviors of a premier league-title-chasing team. Good players, mind, and will be great, but not ready to dominate this year.

-- Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm --

Perfect time for half-time from West Brom's perspective. Chelsea were starting to dominate.

Maybe. I think Mata will be like signing Silva. Lot of doubt but the skill and quality will shine through, irrespective of the league. They don't need a Fabregas who can carry them on his own, they just need someone to provide the odd flash of creative brilliance to supplement their power approach. I'd bet come Christmas they're still second favourites for the title.

adrianr said:
Bulldoglikeapproach said:
adrianr said:

Modric would be a huge signing for them, but im not sure Mata or especially Lukaku are ready to be saviors of a premier league-title-chasing team. Good players, mind, and will be great, but not ready to dominate this year.

-- Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm --

Perfect time for half-time from West Brom's perspective. Chelsea were starting to dominate.

Maybe. I think Mata will be like signing Silva. Lot of doubt but the skill and quality will shine through, irrespective of the league. They don't need a Fabregas who can carry them on his own, they just need someone to provide the odd flash of creative brilliance to supplement their power approach. I'd bet come Christmas they're still second favourites for the title.

Couldn't agree more. They just need that link between midfield and striker. Mata and Modric will be that link.

Why isn't Ivanovic starting? I'm a perennial admirer of that breed of CB. I would've thought that Chelsea's back four was self explanatory?!?!?

Cole-Ivanovic/Alex-Terry-Luiz.

I know Luiz is orthodoxly a CB but he's got the dexterity.

Just asking....

jimharri said:
Easybeatz said:
Long's pass was ok IMO, Tchoyi should have stretched for it
Give over. It was piss poor; too far in front of Tchoyi and struck way too firmly. Apart from that; yeah, it was a perfect pass.
Well for me Tchoyi mistimed his run.. He sprinted then paused and then got going again but he was then too far behind it. He should've held back so he could've timed his run better and arrived at pace... You can't expect a pass to feet in that situation.

Long looks a good player and WBA look a decent team. Chelsea are poor, so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.