Thogden

I'm a 54 year old flat cap weating sod and I thought it was a good watch. Something different from the lying lame stream media. Well done lad. As for tickets I've always said if you want to get into a game that much you always will.

My lad is 12 and he's always watching Thogden. He told me to look out for him yesterday and based on that video, he must have been in almost the next seat to me. I was none the wiser though, so he can't be that annoying. Anyway, for me he's doing no harm, he probably could afford to pay a few hundred quid for that ticket with the amount of money his YouTube account brings in and good luck to him.

Who the fuck were the two herbets (Male and blond female) stood motionless in a sea of City fans going mad at the equaliser?

I'll tell you one thing neither of them were City fans.

Oh and can some pan lid please tell me what "Limbs and evryfing" means?

Last edited:
Hello Lads & Lasses,

Massive amount of bitterness on here from some Blues - you lot should probably be happier when you get to watch the quality of Foden (watch him become one of the greatest players in the world), KDB & Bernando every week. But never mind.

Theo bought his ticket for this game online and travelled up from London at his own expense - he didn't have a sponsor for this match and got no special help from MCFC. Being brought up in Altrincham back in the day amongst Reds and a few hardy Blues, he's always been interested in City, despite being a lifelong Bolton Wanderers fan.

You will get non-City fans/tourists (delete as appropriate) attending City games, this is a fact of life. I went to Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers last week in London and several hundred fans in the away end were non-Bolton supporters enjoying an evening of fine football (insert witty pun here). This gave me a couple of broad options, namely (i) abuse them and make them feel unwelcome, like the horrid tourists they are, or (ii) welcome them to the 'Bolton family' for 90 minutes. I chose the latter - that's just my nature.

You've got the same choice to make. Is City a 'local club for local people' where visitors are treated with prickliness, threats of violence, bitterness and unpleasantness, and discouraged from attending future games? Or is City a friendly and welcoming club, where incomers are greeted with a smile, even if they are 'some blonde woman who didn't celebrate our goals enough and didn't seem to know what was going on'?

And does it really harm you if the football-mad 20 year-old kid in the next seat has a vlogging camera and is trying to make a short film for his YouTube channel, assuming he isn't loud and obnoxious and spoiling your enjoyment of course.

Thousands of Theo's 715,000 subscribers are City fans and they regularly plead with him to attend and vlog City games. These are primarily younger folk, many of whom don't have parents who can take them to games, some of whom live in far-off places like Indonesia, India and Kenya. They get the City experience, limbs and all, from videos like this.

That's my tuppence worth. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers,

Thogdad
Occasional visitor to Maine Road in the 1970s

P.S.
Stan & Hilda Ogden > Curly Watts any day of the week

Hello Lads & Lasses,

Massive amount of bitterness on here from some Blues - you lot should probably be happier when you get to watch the quality of Foden (watch him become one of the greatest players in the world), KDB & Bernando every week. But never mind.

Theo bought his ticket for this game online and travelled up from London at his own expense - he didn't have a sponsor for this match and got no special help from MCFC. Being brought up in Altrincham back in the day amongst Reds and a few hardy Blues, he's always been interested in City, despite being a lifelong Bolton Wanderers fan.

You will get non-City fans/tourists (delete as appropriate) attending City games, this is a fact of life. I went to Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers last week in London and several hundred fans in the away end were non-Bolton supporters enjoying an evening of fine football (insert witty pun here). This gave me a couple of broad options, namely (i) abuse them and make them feel unwelcome, like the horrid tourists they are, or (ii) welcome them to the 'Bolton family' for 90 minutes. I chose the latter - that's just my nature.

You've got the same choice to make. Is City a 'local club for local people' where visitors are treated with prickliness, threats of violence, bitterness and unpleasantness, and discouraged from attending future games? Or is City a friendly and welcoming club, where incomers are greeted with a smile, even if they are 'some blonde woman who didn't celebrate our goals enough and didn't seem to know what was going on'?

And does it really harm you if the football-mad 20 year-old kid in the next seat has a vlogging camera and is trying to make a short film for his YouTube channel, assuming he isn't loud and obnoxious and spoiling your enjoyment of course.

Thousands of Theo's 715,000 subscribers are City fans and they regularly plead with him to attend and vlog City games. These are primarily younger folk, many of whom don't have parents who can take them to games, some of whom live in far-off places like Indonesia, India and Kenya. They get the City experience, limbs and all, from videos like this.

Cheers,

Thogdad

P.S.

Liked the "massive" opening, many wouldn't have noticed.
I'm not sure a few embittered posts on here is an overall reflection of the whole fanbase to be fair.
Despite what you might hear about our support and the Emptihad on you tube by rabid united supporters you might be surprised to know that tickets to lots of our games are sold out.
We have lots of ongoing issues amongst the fanbase about ticket allocations particularly for away games where lots of our regular away support of many years standing cant get tickets because of corporate allocations, ticket agency supplies etc. They then get further riled when we see lots of 'daytrippers" amongst the support at premium away games lots of us can't get tickets to despite our years of loyal support - surely you can understand why that might cause a little criticism.
For what its worth I enjoyed your lads blog and its fairly representative of an away day at a title rival with no embellishment or over the top hyping.
We'd be interested to know where he got his ticket and if he paid over the odds from an agency.
Keep up the blogs I find most of them quite entertaining.

Hello Lads & Lasses,

Cheers,

Thogdad

P.S.

I think the OP was questioning how non City fans get tickets for away games when fans with plenty of points don't; point in question was at Norwich a couple of years ago - 3 - 2 to Norwich - where stood behind me were 3 girls waving a Finnish flag clearly supporting Teemu Pukki when one of my mates who is a season ticket holder with loads of points didn't get one for the game. It's the system that is wrong where tickets are exchanged and end up in ' day trippers ' hands.
For what it's worth, I've been watching Stunt Pegg (Neve), your son's and other Vlogs when they commentate on City and find them all very good with a fans view rather than the usual punters drivel - got to say though that the ' original and best ' is Robbie Lyle on AFTV and it's no surprise he had a show on Channel 5 a couple of years ago.
All the best to Thogden - keep up the good work and your beer reviews....................

I'd hate to be somebody who gets irritated by things like this. Day trippers have been getting away tickets in the city end since the dawn of day, it'll never change. As for you tubers or vloggers or whatever the fuck they call themselves, good luck. Not for me but I doubt they are making their content for a 44 year old bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.