Thomas Cook trip criteria

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by 183sash, 26 Sep 2018.

1. 183sash

183sash

to be honest , normally use Spike for Euro away trips but as they’re not running one to Hoffenheim, booked on TC along with 3 mates . Two of us were successful via our loyalty points , two were unsuccessful even though they’ve got tickets thru’ their supporters club. So just checking , do loyalty points come before a fan with a guaranteed ticket via SC who books on first day of sale . Just need to know rules for future trips , might mean we go independently if Spike’s not running one just so we all go together .

2. mcfc moon

mcfc moon

Are you saying that the two got tickets from the supporters club didnt get accepted on the TC booking, presumably because the ticket isn't on their account? Or has the TC sold out?

Bizarre given they're on general sale.

3. 183sash

183sash

Not sure the full story 100%, as we only discussed it at the match last night but my understanding was that TC have sold all the seats on the plane and are dishing out the places based on loyalty points as opposed to first come first served but with a guaranteed ticket via supporters club.Does this mean I could gazump a supporter who had booked on a TC trip weeks before at the last minute because I had more points than him ( I’m not saying one way is fairer than the other , just want clarity of the rules )

4. bobbin blue

bobbin blue

my son has had the same problem got his ticket through a supporters club and Thomas cook wont accept him on the flight
    due to the ticket not being in his name.

5. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Kevin Parker who is in charge of the Official Supoorters Club has asked for the names / Supporter Numbers of any Branch members who have missed out with Thomas Cook. I think he is trying to help to sort this. Cheers

6. 183sash

183sash

Hope it works , need my drinking partners on this TC/Saga tour trip !

Tim of the Oak likes this.
  7. Chappie

Chappie

Thomas Cook travel with city is based on loyalty points solely
    If you don't qualify in you're own right you don't get on their plane.

8. Alec-mcfc

Alec-mcfc

But the tickets have gone on open sale so everyone will qualify in their own right.

9. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

I suspect that if you've got 18k points and a ticket you have first call over somebody with 16k & a ticket etc

10. bainy

bainy

The issue here is the supporters club have not issued the ticket in the name of the travelling supporter - therefore someone else is getting the points and the supporter travelling is missing out