Those of us who thought Arsenal couldn't be caught, when did you start to believe again?

It’s not so much that I didn’t think Arsenal could be caught, I just didn’t think we looked like a champion outfit through the Winter.

That stupid fucking World Cup nearly ruined our season. We started playing shit in the build-up to it and we were even worse after it finished.

We played well against Southampton at home in October and then that was it for about five months.

Liverpool away we were our usual shit scared shite selves (Liverpool had more shots on our goal that day than any team ever has in Pep’s time at the club), Brighton at home they outplayed us but we took our chances, Dortmund away we just passed the ball around boring the pants of world football (and Dortmund were even worse, a proper shit game!), Leicester away we struggled, Seville at home we were half decent, Fulham at home we struggled, Chelsea at home in the EFL Cup we were okay, Brentford at home we were a team who were trying not to get injured and if a result came out of it that would be a bonus……

- Then it was the World Cup -

…Liverpool at home in the EFL Cup we were decent enough with the ball but poor at the back, Leeds away we did actually play well, Everton at home we were terrible (and it was arguably the worst game of football I’ve ever watched, Everton were a disgrace), Chelsea away in the first half was as bad as we could be, we were good against Chelsea in the FA Cup, but then utter shite at Southampton in the EFL Cup, played like a load of scared mard arses at Old Trafford (we created two chances all game), that first half at home to Spurs was painful (second half showed glimpses of what was to come though), we were decent at home to Wolves and Arsenal in the FA Cup but then put in our worst performance of the season at Spurs.

That was 19 games in all competitions where we played well no more than three or four times. I looked at our team and thought the World Cup was just too disruptive and this season was just too much of a transition season.

We didn’t look like winning owt at that time to be honest.

Then after that Spurs defeat away, the PL brought those charges against us, and everything changed! Our season started with that news and the Pep press conference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.