Those three goals…

Still don't know how Bernardo got over there so quickly to celebrate with them.

I love this. The pain of those two wankers Neville and Tyler, especially when Watkins had the chance to make it 2-0. "It would have counted". Fuck-off back to the 90's you pair of anachronistic tossers.
Must be said Nevilles hatred of scousers is legendary, doubt he'd have wanted them to win the league.

Gundog ghosting in at far post a la Martin Peters.
Now that's a comparison that never occurred to me before! Yes, now I see MP knocking it in at Wembley in '66. Similar players, too.

It was weird actually being at the game, the similarities to the QPR game were acute. Playing poorly, letting two soft goals in and looking like we'd never score, to a dramatic turnaround in just over five minutes. Once Gundo scored the first the whole place and team visibly lifted and Villa started to wilt. Once the second hit the back of the net it was bedlam and I think everyone knew we'd win it from there. One thing I noticed on watching it back is either just after we'd equalised, or scored the third, Zinchenko almost went from hero to zero in a minute as he mishit a back pass that was nearly intercepted.

Although these sort of games are great when you actually win them for once I'd love us to go 4-0 up in 20 minutes and spend the rest of the game celebrating.

I think the big difference is that I just knew the second and third were coming after we got one, and I hadn't given up all hope, but they just came so quickly. Where even when Dzeko headed it in I thought it was too late. So the three were just sheer pleasure where Aguero was just relief. I don't know if that makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.