Those who think there's no agenda need to read this...

Prestwich_Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
As I keep saying, there are two "agendas". The first is Sky's commercial agenda so by slowing us down and giving them a big helping hand they've got exactly what they wanted when they wanted it. So that's worked perfectly for them.

The other is driven by the Far Eastern underground gambling markets where single bets of £10m or more are common and where the total staked on a big event like next Monday will probably be over £1bn.
You have mentioned this lots of times p.b..

So what about it?
Because if some bookie risks losing hundreds of millions of dollars if some event goes against him then he's going to want to ensure it doesn't, as far as he can. Plus there's also the possibility that late and large bets against the prevailing money tend to be on the basis that the placer knows something the others don't.

The referee in the rags pre-season friendly in China in 2007 was even paid £8k to fix the coin toss in favour of the home team. What do you imagine people would pay for a fixed result?

Yes, but that referee has done things like that before. I wouldn't think our referees are influenced by that lot IMO.

sjk2008 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
You have mentioned this lots of times p.b..

So what about it?
Because if some bookie risks losing hundreds of millions of dollars if some event goes against him then he's going to want to ensure it doesn't, as far as he can. Plus there's also the possibility that late and large bets against the prevailing money tend to be on the basis that the placer knows something the others don't.

The referee in the rags pre-season friendly in China in 2007 was even paid £8k to fix the coin toss in favour of the home team. What do you imagine people would pay for a fixed result?

Yes, but that referee has done things like that before. I wouldn't think our referees are influenced by that lot IMO.
would'nt say they could not be influenced,as prestwich blue says these far east syndicates are placing large sums of money on matches,paying off someone like a ref could involve as an example £500,000,was a programme on ch4 i think about match fixing,and i think it was norwegian second division games and players recieving one off payments which were about the equivilent of two years wages.....apparently fifa are looking into it...

deano ou812 said:
sjk2008 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

would'nt say they could not be influenced,as prestwich blue says these far east syndicates are placing large sums of money on matches,paying off someone like a ref could involve as an example £500,000,was a programme on ch4 i think about match fixing,and i think it was norwegian second division games and players recieving one off payments which were about the equivilent of two years wages.....apparently fifa are looking into it...

Yeah, I can understand that mate. Thing is though, these small time divisions, it doesn't surprise me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to think it's impossible to be happening over here, I just think it isn't and if it had, it'd have been exposed by now. Especially, if as people are saying on here, it's been happening for nearly 20 years.

Man Utd v Man City: Marriner to referee crucial derby. BBC's headline. Unless i am much mistaken we are the home team so should be named first

sjk2008 said:
deano ou812 said:
sjk2008 said:

Yeah, I can understand that mate. Thing is though, these small time divisions, it doesn't surprise me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to think it's impossible to be happening over here, I just think it isn't and if it had, it'd have been exposed by now. Especially, if as people are saying on here, it's been happening for nearly 20 years.
true more chance in smaller leagues were wages are very low,but as pb says the market with this betting in-play i.e number of cards, pens,goals and sending offs the person with the most influence is the ref,the question is can they be got at imo yes...

Look at the Football Writers' Association Player of the Year list.

1. RVP
2. Rooney
3. Scholes
4. Dempsey

Not one City player in sight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.