Thought we'd signed a dud but turned out a diamond

MCFC BOB said:
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Carlos Tevez (Is the jury still out, Damo?)
Vincent Kompany
Nigel de Jong
Joleon Lescott
Pablo Zabaleta
Gareth Barry
Joe Hart
Matija Nastasic
Micah Richards
Minus de Jong, the players I've listed are now some of the most important players in our squad. Give everyone time.
Edited

I'm still amazed at the Kolarov hate on this forum, he's been great so far this season and yet still pissed on by our moaning fans...

It makes me laugh all Javi Garcia haters.I would like to think he will come good for us.I laugh when some are saying he his as bad as Jo he isnt

MCFC97 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Vincent Kompany
Nigel de Jong
Joleon Lescott
Pablo Zabaleta
Gareth Barry
Joe Hart
Matija Nastasic
Micah Richards
Minus de Jong, the players I've listed are now some of the most important players in our squad. Give everyone time.
Edited

Anyone who thinks Nastasic and de Jong didn't get off to solid starts either have a short memory or clearly haven't got a single footballing brain cell in their head. Both consistently excellent players, if Nige left to pursue first team football then then fine, there's not much we can do about that. However Garcia looks timid and scared of his own shadow most of the time. Definitely not attributes you want in a DM.

yatesy94 said:
MCFC97 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Vincent Kompany
Nigel de Jong
Joleon Lescott
Pablo Zabaleta
Gareth Barry
Joe Hart
Matija Nastasic
Micah Richards
Edited

Anyone who thinks Nastasic and de Jong didn't get off to solid starts either have a short memory or clearly haven't got a single footballing brain cell in their head. Both consistently excellent players, if Nige left to pursue first team football then then fine, there's not much we can do about that. However Garcia looks timid and scared of his own shadow most of the time. Definitely not attributes you want in a DM.

Agreed niges debut what a top performance and nasty as fitted straight in.

Vedran Corluka, a big Croat nobody had heard of to play RB. He turned out really good for me. (Not in Spurs though)

Few down the years for me:-

Steve McKenzie
Hutch, Gow and Bobb MacD
Gordon Smith
Kenny Clements mark 2
Paul Stewart
Quinn
Pointon
Peter Reid
Walsh
Beagrie
Morrison
Tiatto
Wiekens
Jobbo
Goatie
Kennedy
Horlock
Dunnie

basically - nearly everyone we signed between 1980 and 2008 I expected to be crap and was pleasantly surprised when they turned out to be above-mediocre and in some cases actually good(-ish). I particularly like the way Joe Royle got some of our basket cases playing decently in a team-like team after the absolute chaos of 1995-1998.

MC ID said:
I'm still amazed at the Kolarov hate on this forum, he's been great so far this season and yet still pissed on by our moaning fans...

You just need to remember one simple fact about people, most are too stupid to be allowed out, never mind post what they think on a public forum.

MC ID said:

sorry mate but kolarov is out of his depth against good teams, poor touch, lack of pace for a full back, doesnt stop crosses, all he can do is kick a football hard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.