Thought we'd signed a dud but turned out a diamond

Slightly our of left field, but this guy was instrumental in our promotion push in 2000. 3 goals in 9 IIRC

17503-zoom.jpg

I wouldn't go as far as to say I thought he was a dud, but I was definitely against the signing of Bellamy at the time, but he was superb right from the start and I ended up loving him

sergiokun said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
the goats backside said:
Lol, try looking up sarcasm in the Dictionary, do you not understand selling Jongie cost the club 40 million and we have gone backwards
Jongie? fml
He did not play much last season, wanted 150k a week, wanted to be a starter. Breaking that down to Mancini didn't rate him enough to start him anymore, Khaldoon wound not give him parity with top earners and De Jong didn't want 20 minutes every other week. Sell to AC Milan and it all works out. So we needed to sign someone who wanted 20 minutes football every 2 weeks but you right we would of won the CL by now if he stayed just like last season

Where did he say we will win the CL with De Jong?? You are very childish yet you blame other people… De Jong would of got plenty more games than what you’re saying.. selling to Ac Milan all works out?? Rubbish, we signed him for 18 million when we could of waited 6 months and got him for nothing and then sold him for pennies!!! De Jong was a big player and this season has proved that.. But he is sold now so we must move on but bringing Javi in for Jongie made us a weaker team in midfield
without being arrogant, why, in any way, are we arsed about how much money the whole thing cost us?

The trio John bond bought which without doubt took us to wembley.

The goat. Laughed me bollocks off.

And Richard dunne.

All proved me wrong and turned out to be great signings.

I take my city bobble hat off to you's!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.