thoughts on de jong?

Thought he had a solid game in front of the back four. Don't forget he hasn't played a first team game for about 3 months due to a knee injury so he'll get better with some more game time.

Same didn't get a good read on him. I didn't see him do anything bad but nothing spectacular. He was in on a few tackles and made some passes, and applied a bit of pressure. Though like previously posted he has been out awhile.

Zabaleta was really good. Aggresive throughout the game, great passing and even better first touch. Won some good tackles, and did some key passing. Was on my top 3 for MotM.

Agree with previous posts. Bit difficult to read but you could see the class is there, even after being out for so long.

I'm more worried for what this means for Elano, seeing that the Zab - De Jong combo resulted in a win.

citymad said:
Thought he had a solid game in front of the back four. Don't forget he hasn't played a first team game for about 3 months due to a knee injury so he'll get better with some more game time.

1st Half he looked good,but faded in the 2nd half,which is understandable due to his lack of 1st team football.

He will get better and better as he gets used to the speed of the Premier League

Hollywood Blue said:
He was solid over all, but made one or two mistakes, obviously a little short of match practise.
He looked well pissed off when Jonas stuck one on SWP, that's a good sign.

Add to that he was throwing tackles all over the place, he was great overall. Without a doubt he needs more match practice.

De Jong will close down space and hurry opponents into mistakes (I don't anticipate too many bone-crushing tackles), so the sooner he reaches full fitness and adapts to the pace of the game, the more effective he will be. Because he is so accustomed to passing out of trouble, rather than launching, he will inevitably give the ball away.

There were signs of a truly fantastic player there

What I liked most was how we gave Newcastle nothing in the first half. A lot of that was down to the Zab/De Jong partnership. They won the ball countless times. Obiovusly de Jong tired in the second half but I was mightily impressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.